Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm getting pretty frustrated with my legacy tools

Hi Ged,

BINGO ! Seems to work like a champ - just need to do some more testing... Christopher - you have a PM...

Christopher - correction - your PM's are full...

Regards,
    Scott

He’s also sent me a new Shape Viewer (MSTS/ORTS) that will read DDS files - I know I’ve seen it mentioned that was a concern for some - I have yet to test it though...

I'd also be interested in seeing this new version of shape viewer.

Robert

Scott, that's great news. I can't say I'm a true coder but I do small amounts of coding for my day job as well as my hobbies.

And yes, Paul Gausden has been awesome for MSTS Community. I'm really glad he remains so supportive.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Since this thread has now migrated into a new Shapeviewer thread I simply ask:

For some time now Open Rails has supported non square textures, meaning that, you can use things like 512 x 1024 textures sizes.

It has been apparent for some time that Shapeviewer does NOT support non square textures and of course DDS. TGAtool will compress non square textures to .ace and Open Rails can use those same non square textures. Open Rails can also use non square DDS textures. It should be clear that smaller non square textures save space on the GPU.

So while you have Paul's attention and favour, could you please test for non square textures as well as DDS? Could you please report back as to what the results are?

Thank you,
    Steve