Thread: Where is the GUI folder?

Default Where is the GUI folder?

I downloaded a cab that has a custom font but i can't seem to find a place to put it into in Open Rails. Any help?

Fonts are installed in the std Windows font folder, i use a digital font in some cabs i have and the font it uses is drawn from the windows font location.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

No dice, the font file is a .dat file.

That didn't work. It's a .dat file that's supposed to go to the GUI folder in MSTS but OR doesn't have that folder. The cab works okay but the font is messed up and too big.

Hello,

If you are using the cab in question on a locomotive in ORTS, then you don't need the included .dat file. ORTS can read additional information regarding the font type, size and colour directly from the .cvf file of the cab. You just need to edit it like this:

Digital (
    Type ( BRAKE_PIPE DIGITAL )
    Position ( 393 271 26 17 )
    ScaleRange ( 0 120 )
    Accuracy ( 0 )
    AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
    LeadingZeros ( 0 )
    Justification ( 1 )
    PositiveColour ( 1
    ControlColour ( 182 201 173 )
    )
    NegativeColour ( 0 )
    DecreaseColour ( 0 )
    Units ( PSI )
    ORTSFont ( 5 0 "Courier New" )

You have to add the last line (ORTSFont ( 5 0 "Courier New" )) under every gauge that you want to edit (in my example the gauge used is Brake Pipe pressure). First number (5 in my example) is the size of the font, and the second number (0) is colour. Courier New, of course, is the type of the font.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

TBH, i don't have the attention span of doing something that tedious xD I kinda wish there was a more plug n' play option

Unfortunately, there is not. I am, however, working on an update for my Dash9/AC4400 cabs. It will include the needed values to have them properly displayed in ORTS.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif