Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Common Cab

thanks guys i will keep trying until i get the new cab to show up on my msts or open rails. i need a good luck charm and hope to god it works. bare with me until i get it working.

Jdark34

i did create a common cab folder for all my common cabs i download some of them work and some of them don't what should i do should i just do a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    it's also asking for mst bin ver. 1.7 (or later)

What is asking for MSTSBin?
    Cheers
    Derek

hi derek mortan it's asking for msts bin ver. 1.7 from this ac44d9cab.zip it's the only way for the common cab to work

It works for Open Rails as well.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    i did create a common cab folder for all my common cabs i download some of them work and some of them don't what should i do should i just do a new one

The OR log file may indicate where the problem is.
    Cheers
    Derek

To make things clear - my photorealistic cabs for Dash-9/AC4400 and SD70ACe/M-2 locomotives were originally built to be used in MSTS only. In order for cabs to work correctly, the MSTS Bin addon has to be installed.

Jdark34 has been trying to use them in ORTS. When using them in ORTS, the MSTS Bin, of course, is not needed.

These cabs will work in ORTS without a problem, but the font size on the computer screen is going to have to be manually adjusted in the .cvf file, as explained earlier. Otherwise, the numbers showing BP, ER and other values on the screen are going to be too big.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

thanks FI ghost i will see what i can do and tell me what msts bin i need to download so i can get it working on the regular msts instead of open rails my friend. can you tell me how to adjust the font size in the cvf.file

Jdark34

Of course, but bear in mind that this only works in ORTS (not in MSTS):

ORTS can read additional information regarding the font type, size and colour directly from the .cvf file of the cab. You just need to edit it like this:

Digital (
    Type ( BRAKE_PIPE DIGITAL )
    Position ( 393 271 26 17 )
    ScaleRange ( 0 120 )
    Accuracy ( 0 )
    AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
    LeadingZeros ( 0 )
    Justification ( 1 )
    PositiveColour ( 1
    ControlColour ( 182 201 173 )
    )
    NegativeColour ( 0 )
    DecreaseColour ( 0 )
    Units ( PSI )
    ORTSFont ( 5 0 "Courier New" )

You have to add the last line (ORTSFont ( 5 0 "Courier New" )) under every gauge that you want to edit (in my example the gauge used is Brake Pipe pressure). First number (5 in my example) is the size of the font, and the second number (0) is colour. Courier New, of course, is the type of the font.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

good morning FI ghost i am still working on your common cab to make it work i haven't got nothing yet i am trying everything to get it work right and the position do i need to lower the numbers a little bit for them to work just right on my locomotives. have a good day my friend

Jdark34