Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport Fever 2 - New To Me.

Default Transport Fever 2 - New To Me.

I am having some of this when it is released.

https://www.transportfever2.com/

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

"Free play"?

Another term for "Online only.....and you will pay for every truck, train, plane and ship that you wish to operate"?
    Or am I just a cynical old bugger?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    "Free play"?

Another term for "Online only.....and you will pay for every truck, train, plane and ship that you wish to operate"?
    Or am I just a cynical old bugger?
    The developers suffer from a less than ideal grasp of English language... What they mean is that there's the opportunity to freely play the game with no restrictions. (No time limits, no goals, etc.)

Transport Fever 2, like its predecessors Transport Fever 1 and Train Fever, will be standalone full releases. No micro-transactions or anything of that nature. And will also probably see a release on GOG in addition to Steam.
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

Bruce, calm down.

Just another name for sandbox, as SD40-2 explained above.

If it is anything like Train Fever & Transport Fever 1 both of which i own, there should be tons of free mods for it eventually.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by SD40-2 View Post
    .... What they mean is that there's the opportunity to freely play the game with no restrictions. (No time limits, no goals, etc.)...
    Thank you for the politely-worded clarification - a much nicer version of what that Welsh coal-miner said to me.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Will keep an eye on this, though experience has taught me not all transport strategy games live up to the pre release hype.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thank you for the politely-worded clarification - a much nicer version of what that Welsh coal-miner said to me.
    Thank you Bruce, all my late mothers side of the family were from a coal mining background, in the South Wales valleys (Abercynon).

Very proud of that fact buddy.

Did you never buy Transport Fever 1 Vern, very good buddy.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ..... all my late mothers side of the family were from a coal mining background, in the South Wales valleys (Abercynon).

Very proud of that fact buddy. ....
    And so you should be, Mike. It's half of your your heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

Did you never buy Transport Fever 1 Vern, very good buddy.

Mike.
    No just Train Fever, which is very good but haven't played it for ages due to either busy in the truck sims or the space game!
    Vern.

Same game really Vern. I do enjoy those sorts of games.

But as with the truck games, not interested in the business aspect.

I always play free game (sandbox).

Mike.