Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Class 37

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Slight bump re the Class 37 - just had a nice run over the Mountain Pass line but wondered if it might be possible to beef up the sound heard in the cab?
    The easiest way is to press shift+8 for the "free train view" while in the cab. This view uses the exterior sounds without the interior muffling, but it'll be more shaky because the camera will be anchored to the unsprung loco centre point instead of the body. The sound samples themselves are also muffled and of somewhat poor quality, but sadly improving them is beyond my audio editing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Update: I also tried holding down the "b" key to unlock the brake system but still no joy.
    You'll need to hold down B and E simultaneously to exit the shutdown position. The instructions or the on-screen helper don't seem to indicate this well enough since you're not the only one to have had difficulties with the brakes. I'll need to figure out a way to make it simpler.

Well they are better than the sounds DTG put on their 37 in TSW! Hopefully as things progress people might come forward with better sounds or who could do the mixing - the Class 37's in BVE/OpenBVE are excellent though I have no idea who compiled those.

I'll give that a try with the brakes. Part of the issue seems to be if you have the on-screen prompts active, they overlap so can't see what the one below (which is "b") nor does it indicate a need to hold down simultaneously.
    Vern.

Update - good news! Holding down b and e at the same time initialised the brakes.

Shift - 8 worked well though it would still be nice to see an option to have external sounds available in the proper cab view.

A couple of other thoughts which I'll put in a fresh thread.
    Vern.