Thread: Milwaukee Road Montana Div. (INCOMPLETE ROUTE)

Red face Milwaukee Road Montana Div. (INCOMPLETE ROUTE)

Colleagues,

I have uploaded a zip of the Milwaukee Road between Miles City, MT and Harlowton, MT. I included
    all of the bridges I could find, which are placed and aligned with TSRE tools. All of the created
    bridges have uncompressed .s files so that if one wishes to change the berm texture to match
    terrain, all that "should" be necessary is to edit the name of the texture.ace file.

This route covers approx. 200 miles, with Melstone as the crew change point and it includes the
    BNSF Forsythe Sub. between Miles City and Forsythe. Nels processed it today, but did not put
    it in the "Icomplete Routes" folder, so he will probably put it there soon. All track is laid except
    for the shop tracks in Miles City which can pretty well be left to the designers imagination. There
    is a turntable at Melstone. Some signals are marked with "int". Regrettably the tool that offsets
    markers in DEMEX also creates all lower case. Expect Mobridge to Miles City sometime in
    November.

The documentation folder includes .pdf files of both the BNSF and Milwaukee Road track profiles.
    The BNSF charts do not show signals, but these are easily seen in Google Earth and the BNSF
    trackage in the route appears to be CTC controlled.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

At last the whole MILW Pacific Coast Extension mainline is available. Thank You Mr Sullivan!

Thank You Mr Sullivan.

Milw forever!

Robert

Colleagues,

I have just uploaded the Aberdeen Division which extends from Mobridge, SD to Miles City, MT. This does complete the
    PCE except for the Great Falls line and the branch south from St. Maries which were not part of the original PCE but
    came a few years later. The Aberdeen Division is approx. 300 miles and there is some question about where the
    crew change points were. After the abandonment of the Milwaukee in 1980/81 the line west of Terry, MT was removed
    and a connection made to the BN Forsythe Sub. at Terry. From then until now, BN(BNSF) has operated the Milwaukee
    line as their Hettinger Subdivision. It is signaled with a weird system that appears to use self restoring or DTMF
    turnouts. I have laid the track as the Milwaukee road was, but to do the BNSF version, some sidings have been
    extended and others have been removed. Refer to Google Earth for differences. This version should also be in the
    incomplete category.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)