Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Activity Creators

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    Posts
    180

    Default Activity Creators

    I know there isn't too much MSTS activities being created at this time but I've been thinking why almost all activities are already in motion or have the power already on the train. I would like to see some activities where the engines need to come out a servicing track and couple to its train or upon ending the activity, why not remove the power and bring to servicing tracks or roundhouse to end the activity? We used to do this a great deal when I was a switchman. Just a thought!


    AJ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Just south of NYC
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    3DTrains Western Pacific Feather River route has activities exactly as you describe. And I created a few like you desire for the Allegheny route. A&O Sub from V Scale Creations (well worth the purchase price BTW) has some activities like those you want. The B&O West End route will definitely have those type of activities as it starts with major division point, Grafton, where motive power was changed as well as Keyser yard.
    Last edited by longiron; 10-30-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Time
    Posts
    934

    Default

    One activity that comes with the PRR-ER V2 route has you bring a train into Harrisburg, then uncouple and move the locomotive to the roundhouse (including turning the turntable to the correct track, which I haven't been able to find yet).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    3DTrains Western Pacific Feather River route has activities exactly as you describe. And I created a few like you desire for the Allegheny route. A&O Sub from V Scale Creations (well worth the purchase price BTW) has some activities like those you want. The B&O West End route will definitely have those type of activities as it starts with major division point, Grafton, where motive power was changed as well as Keyser yard.
    Unfortunately, my AE crashed a few months ago and I gave up trying to get it to work. I also tried the open rails also without success. Don't know why but something caused all my rolling stock to be saved in the file folders with just the wag or eng files, nothing else, no ace files, shape files, etc. I am slowly rebuilding but have a massive amount of items to imput again.

    AJ

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Just south of NYC
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asteph627 View Post
    Unfortunately, my AE crashed a few months ago and I gave up trying to get it to work. I also tried the open rails also without success. Don't know why but something caused all my rolling stock to be saved in the file folders with just the wag or eng files, nothing else, no ace files, shape files, etc. I am slowly rebuilding but have a massive amount of items to imput again.

    AJ
    AJ,
    Two questions. Are you using RouteRiter? And what is the path where your MSTS instance is installed?
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    AJ,
    Two questions. Are you using RouteRiter? And what is the path where your MSTS instance is installed?
    I do have Route Riter but use it except to check routes and path for MSTS is: C:MSTS1/Microsoft Games/Train Simulator/.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •