Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OR "Common Inc" Files

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Here is the file in question in ConText:
    Attachment 77867
    That would not cause a problem because it is in a comment line. It sure would cause a problem if incorrect quote marks were found in a working part of the file.
    I just checked the upload in my archives and also downloaded the Green River conversion kit from the FL and that error in the comment line does not appear...so the big question is: how did it get there? and are there any other like it in the working files?

One thing to check...look at the default MSTS wagon -- 50Ft_COAL_DRGW_19699_LD.wag -- in the Green River freight folder ( NOT the OR wagon of the same name in the OpenRails folder ) and see if there are any errors in it. If there is, OR will cough up a warning in the log when it reads the data in the OpenRails folder.
    The warning is misleading in that it leads one to believe that the error is to be found in the wagon (of the same name) in the OpenRails folder.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 11-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

The error in the log file refers to line 27 in that file. You posted a picture of that file using ConText without line numbers turned on (On Context Menu choose Environment Options > Editor Tab > check Line Numbers middle of list). I tried to count the lines from your picture and it appears line 27 is the closing Paren for the Front Coupling section.

Again quoting log file:
    Warning: Found an unexpected EOF, while reading an item started with a double-quote character. in C:\MSTS-1\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_C oupler.inc:line 27

Warning: Expected depth 0; got depth 2 at end of file (missing ')'?) in C:\MSTS-1\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_C oupler.inc:line 27
    Note the first warning? "Found an unexpected EOF" Appears ORTS was expecting more data or a closing ")"

Could investigate more if you would post the actual file so that it could be looked at with Special characters turned on and/or converted to Hex to look for errors.
    Charles

Question for Gerry. Why is the entire text in the file indented?

What is the original download for this INC file?
    Charles

Gerry,
    Note the second Comment line has "..\\..\\ then closes the quote with a ' not a "

Could that be causing ORTS to log a Warning?

NOTE: I just downloaded Open Rails Conversion Kit For DRGW Green River Name: drgwgreenriver_orkit.zip
    which contains \\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc
    Opened file in Context and found second comment to have:
    Comment ( include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Standard_Freight_Coupl er.inc" ) )
    NOT
    Comment ( include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Standard_Freight_Coupl er.inc' ) )
    as shown in picture of this file uploaded by Don.

Not having the ORIGINAL WAG or SLI Green River I cannot test to see if the "----' vice "----" cause the Warnings.
    Last edited by crstagg; 11-05-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Charles

Just guessing, but it appears that the ORTS Parser was looking for the closing Quote, read to the EOF and not having a Warning message for closing of a Quote logged a Warning for closing of a Paren. So the OpenRails coupler data was not read and the coupler data from the original WAG file was used.

BTW In post #14 the line I quoted from does not have a space between the l and the e in coupler. Don't know where that came from. T-S frequently adds carriage returns where there is none when one pastes maybe that is where it came from.
    Charles

Hello, and thank you all for the help on this.

I do not know what happened, but somewhere somehow the file I have in the Common.inc folder is different than the downloaded one.
    The " .inc " was replaced with the " ' ) " in that file ONLY!

I have it changed now, so I will rerun the activity tomorrow and see if it shows up as an error again/still.

With a few eyes looking at this, it becomes easier to see where a problem may lie. I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

Hello all, I do not know How or Why the files were Corrupt, but running the same Route - Activity - Consists today produced NO errors regarding the ".inc" files!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I have had troubles with some files relating to MSTS/OR changing when Win10 updates, the two just seem to coincide. I have a File Started on an external drive that seems immune to these updates, it seems to be working so far. Each time I do and update for Locos, Rolling Stock and Routes I transfer a copy to that drive so when something goes amiss I have it to restore what I need. However a couple of error ones have slipped through. Now they are being corrected by new downloads, or other files that are stored as they crop up, like this one!