Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OR "Common Inc" Files

Default OR "Common Inc" Files

I am getting an error that I have not seen before while running an Activity on SLI-Green River. It is telling me that there is an issue with the Coupler part of the file. I have included the Log from the activity so that you can see what I am seeing. It does not seem to impact the actual activity though, these files are great and seem to improve OR in the Simulation, but why the errors and/or have they been corrected?
    OpenRailsLog.zip

Hi Don,

I am running the activity now, I do not get these errors.
    I suspect that the error is in "sli_greenriver_freight\openrails\50Ft_COAL_DRGW_1 9699_LD.wag"

Could you post that file for me to look at please?
    Cheers
    Derek

sli_greenriver_freight\50Ft_COAL_DRGW_19699_LD.wag this is where my coal wag exists. Note there is no space in the number '19699"

Hi Larry,

You don't have Gerry's include files, so don't have the file that I mentioned.
    Cheers
    Derek

Default OR Inc File

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Don,

I am running the activity now, I do not get these errors.
    I suspect that the error is in "sli_greenriver_freight\openrails\50Ft_COAL_DRGW_1 9699_LD.wag"

Could you post that file for me to look at please?
    Taken from my Train File: here it is:
    OpenRails.zip

Hi Don,

I can't find the problem,
    We will have to wait for Gerry to go past.
    Cheers
    Derek

Derek and Don,

You have not looked at the other end. Can Don verify that his Trainset folder has a sub folder named "Common.inc" with a sub folder named "Fleet" with a file named "Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc" ????

AND if those folders and file do exist, WHAT is on line 27?
    Charles

derekmorton, Hi Don, I can't find the problem, We will have to wait for Gerry to go past.
    Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Derek and Don,

You have not looked at the other end. Can Don verify that his Trainset folder has a sub folder named "Common.inc" with a sub folder named "Fleet" with a file named "Standard_Freight_Coupler.inc" ????

Just spotted the thread...been recovering from a bike accident during the 1st week of October, today roofers arrived to begin re-roofing the house...so I'm not having much time for trains. Nothing broken, just very bad deep tissue bruising/twisting on my right (typing) side and arm...still hurts, but healing is going as expected.

To the problem: Both Derek and Charles said pretty much everything I could say. Like Derek, I couldn't spot the problem from what Don provided either and as Charles said...probably would be a good idea to work it from the other end. Is the common.inc folder in the proper spot? .... were any mods made to the file path or anywhere else? I have had things like that happen to me, always found the mistake, typos, wrong path, misplaced quotes, could be anything. I'd need some screenshots.

These particular files were tested, both by myself and others, no errors such as Don is seeing were found. I'm using more sub-folders in fleet...one for couplers and another for brakes.

The log is curious...
    Information: MaximalPower not found in Diesel Engine Config, set at default value = 3019200

Warning: Found an unexpected EOF, while reading an item started with a double-quote character. in C:\MSTS-1\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_C oupler.inc:line 27

Warning: Expected depth 0; got depth 2 at end of file (missing ')'?) in C:\MSTS-1\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\SLI_GREENRIVER_FREIGHT\o penrails\..\..\Common.inc\Fleet\Standard_Freight_C oupler.inc:line 27
    Maximal power is definitely included in all the diesel engine files, without seeing the file the best I can tell is that perhaps a parenthesis is missing somewhere? or a space has somehow slipped in.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Derek and Don,

Yes I do Charles. That is why I am puzzled that this is happening. I even re-downloaded the files to be sure it was not corrupt.
    Common Inc Files.jpg

Here is the file in question in ConText:
    Common Inc Files Coupler.jpg