Thread: Clear Tracks NS 8520

Default Clear Tracks NS 8520

I came across a site called Clear Tracks Locomotive https://cleartrackstrainsim.wixsite....ks/locomotives. It has some nice repaints. I downloaded the UP 1111 and the NS 8520. I had no trouble with the UP 1111 but with the NS 8520 I had the following:

"Dash9EngineScript_AAR.out" The read me says to copy the "Dash9EngineScript_AAR.out" from

Assets\RSC\Dash9Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Dash9\N S\Engine\

...and paste it into...

Assets\RSC\Dash9Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Dash9\N S8520\Engine\

I could not find the "Dash9EngineScript_AAR.out" in the Assets\RSC\Dash9Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Dash9\N S\Engine\. The creator said that this script issue is something which has come up before, some people have it installed while others do not. If you have it with any of the default BNSF units, try copying that specific version to the 8520 and see if it works that way.

Has anyone else downloaded this locomotive from that site? If so, did you run into this problem? What exactly did you do to work around this issue? I have the Searchlight Sounds. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Derick

Just a thought. Did you unpack the .ap File for the Dash9Pack01 in the RSC Folder. Maybe that is why you didn't find the file you were looking for
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

I don't think so. I just went looking for it. How would I unpack the .ap File for the Dash9Pack01? If you reply on how to do that, I won't be able to try it out until later tonight. It is 11:45 AM CST where I am. I won't be able to try any suggestions until around 9:00 PM CST.

Thanks
    Derick

Hi Derick, I us RWTools to unpack .ap Files. If you don't have that program it is free at Railworks America Site. You also can unpack using 7 Zip Program but I have never use this Program for that. Let me know if you need help and I will try to assist you.

Here is the Link at RWA, http://railworksamerica.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Thanks. I will try it later and let you know how it comes out.

Hello Dave. Check your private message.

I have a default installation of this pack, and can confirm that it is not contained in a .ap file.

The only compiled lus script I can find is Dash9EngineScript.out in Assets\RSC\Dash9Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Dash9\D efault\Engine\ . Your easiest solution would be to copy file this into your new loco Engine folder and rename it to Dash9EngineScript_AAR.out .
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Thanks for that suggestion. This still didn't make the NS 8520 operative. I can place it in a scenario but it has no sound. When I put it in forward, release the brakes, it will not move. This is what I had before trying your suggestion so nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion. This still didn't make the NS 8520 operative. I can place it in a scenario but it has no sound. When I put it in forward, release the brakes, it will not move. This is what I had before trying your suggestion so nothing changed.
    Do you have the "GE FDL-16 Sound Enhancement Pack" from Searchlight Simulations? The "Dash9EngineScript_AAR.out" is a Searchlight Simulations file and the reason it won't move is because of the input mapper file isn't found.

If you do have this Enhancement Pack then something isn't installed right. I went to the Searchlight Simulation site and I don't see that Enhancement Pack anywhere, they may have discontinue that pack.
    Tom

I don't think I have that one. I have the following:

Searchlight EMD 16 645E3 Sound Pack
    Searchlight SD40-2
    MLW Audio 16N-710G3B (which is a Searchlight Product)
    MLW Audio 16N-710G3C-II
    EMD 20 645E3 (which should be a Searchlight Product)
    MLW GEVO Enhancement V1.0.8.1