Thread: Curious error

Cool Curious error

Colleagues,

I have been using TSM for more than a decade and usually it either works, or one can
    fairly easily find out the problem. A few years ago, Lukas Lussar sent me a problem of
    his that he could not resolve and it baffles me too. When I can I get back into this
    project. It is a rendition of the Gravely hotel in Harlowton, MT which Lukas visited
    some years ago. If it could be fixed, it is something that could be added to the
    RMD-East, Northern Montana, and the Montana Division routes. The N. Montana is my
    next detailed release and the Montana Division is in the "incomplete routes" area now.

When I attempt to create the MSTS object, I get the following error with no explanation
    and it occurs instantly. I have created bigger items with no problem, and this one has
    a poly count well under the maximum we like to use.

J. H. Sullivan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a shot in the dark, but did you remove all orphaned points and checked for untextured polys??
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

No I checked that. No orphan points or untextured polygons and as I said, the poly count is quite
    reasonable. Lukas had the problem and referred it to me, I have had issues with untextured
    polygons and usually those do not prevent the object from being created, but the end result is
    odd in appearance and a check with ShapeViewer will point to the problem. In this case, no
    .s file is created, so?

J. H. Sullivan

Might be a Windows permission error. Try running TSM in administrator mode.
    Cody

Jerry,

Thanks for sending the TSM files.

I was able to export the shape without issue.

However, TSM could not compress the shape file. On trying to test in MSTS using the Tutorial Route it causes MSTS RE to fold with the dreaded Send/Don't send error.

Robert

Pretty much the same issue that I have Robert.