Thread: Use Loco's On Different Routes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Use Loco's On Different Routes

Link below for Google translation of Czech site. Bloke has put the Western on the Manchester route and Class 101 DMU on GWML amongst others.

https://translate.google.com/transla...D33%26nod2%3D1
    Yma O Hyd

Interesting... perhaps DTG should give the guy a job! Or is it a case they are sitting on the capability to mix and match locos and trainsets between routes, all the time knowing full well how to do it?
    Vern.

Looks like the latter Vern. If all it takes is a simple file mod, to enable the function.

I like the idea of the Class 101's replacing all the 166 services on the GWML.

33's on that coal route would be fun.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I like the idea of the Class 101's replacing all the 166 services on the GWML.
    Mike.
    ....although Class 117's would be more prototypical the London End Mike? BTW as a non TS20XX user, having read the grumbles about physics, does the 101 have a decent simulation of the 1st generation DMU gearboxes?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Yes Geoff, 117's were my bread and butter on the London Division. But we also had 101's and 123's allocated, for outer suburban services, buddy.

Simulation is no worse than TS20xx, but anything by DTG is never spot on.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Towards the end of DMU days the (former) London Division had a diverse collection of DMU's based at Reading and Old Oak. The 117's and 119's (latter for the Tonbridge and Gatwick services), the Class 121 bubble cars, a few 101's and a handful of 104's which were outbased at the Oak for Gospel Oak to Barking services.

I remember one of my first jobs when I went in the Control in 1989 was NSE DMU desk. It was always a lottery what you got back from the Southern off the North Downs as things would get swapped around at Redhill or Tonbridge and they wouldn't tell you. Cue something arriving at Reading in the middle of the peak out of fuel and needing a swap, end result being poor old stockbroker on the 18xx out of Paddington getting 3 cars instead of 6! Then I recall my second shift on that desk, some contractor put a pile driver through a load of signalling cables at Royal Oak, @1545. Actually managed to keep track of everything I turned round at Ealing Broadway though the night turn guy who relieved me had to do a manual callover with all the depots and stabling points, just to be sure.

As regards the TSW 101, well still a bit quick off the mark as are most DTG creations, but it's not bad. Sounds could be a bit stronger especially on the cushions in the saloon, again a known DTG weak point but overall one of their better efforts.
    Vern.