Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use Loco's On Different Routes

It works, i have the Class 33 on the NTP route on a mail working.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    No idea if this info is common knowledge as i haven't been following train games for months, from the same Czech site..................................

TSW Editor - Questions and answers

Last month DTG revealed that the editor might be out sometime in December this year. It will not be the final version, but so far the bet. And with this announcement, there were a lot of questions from the community. Matt took the time to try to answer the most common questions. It is necessary to take certain things with caution, because we know DTG and when they say that when you start the editor there will be no function there will probably never be there (just remember the multiplayer, which also should not be at startup and it will be almost 2 years). So if you are wondering what the editor will or will not do, then you can read the original here . You can find the translated version by clicking on the title ...

Will it be possible to edit existing tracks?
    This is a very difficult question and it is not easy to answer. You need to know how Unreal Engine 4 works.
    When you create something in the editor so you have all the source files, which contain all the necessary information such as coordinates, colors, etc. To start the game itself (tracks) you no longer need these files and so it is basically .pak file, which contains only important information (finished data) and actually discards various source files. This will improve track loading, FPS and of course data volume.
    You as a player actually have a game from Steam that contains only .PAK files. In the editor you will have to work with data that is directly in the .PAK file. Here is a challenge for us, because Unreal Engine 4 is designed to work with source data only and has no way to work with published data. So getting support for the published data into the editor is a challenge. It is necessary to say that for now it will not be possible to edit existing tracks. (This feature will not be available in the first versions - I dare to guess that we will not be able to see it soon enough, I personally think that if they wanted to delete the source data of the tracks you own with the editor).

Will it be possible to use the play function in the test editor?

Yes, we've taken some time to improve this feature so you can test everything right in the editor and don't need to switch back to the simulator.

Will it be possible to use all trains on different tracks?

Yes, you can use all the fleet in your scenarios and on all lines.

Will we be able to use building models, etc ... from other tracks?

So far it looks like yes. We tested it for a long time and everything worked so far. But we are not 100% testing yet.

Can we use third-party models?
    Yes, you can import third-party models into the editor and then use them on your tracks.

Will the editor be able to use Google Maps?

Yes, we've integrated support for Google Maps, but we've also added support for KML tags and Open Street Maps. We will also add data from Open Street Maps such as roads, rivers, etc ... which will certainly help you to create.

Can multiple people work on the same track simultaneously in the editor?

Unreal Engine has this option built-in. You just need to make a proper schedule who will work where and not a problem. The editor works with tiles of some size and can only work on one tile at a time. So the team can agree that A will work on that and that tile while B will work elsewhere. In the final, 50 people can work on one track and then combine it into one track.

Can I create a 24-hour timetable for my routes?
    Yes for your new routes it is possible to create timetables for new scenarios and then a 24-hour timetable. The timetable can be one for each track, because the game does not yet allow to choose a different timetable. (the only way to do this right now is to extract and rewrite the .PAK file and timetable files).

Can we model 3D models directly in the editor or do we need an external program?

To create 3D models you will need an external 3D program such as Blender (free), 3DS Max, Maya, etc.

I will summarize other things in short, the editor will be distributed via Epic Unreal Engine. Steam WorkShop support will be provided. The files that will be shared via Steam WorkShop are not yet known.
    In addition, authors use SpeedTree and SimplyGon (commercial stuff) that will not be distributed with the editor. So if you want to use these possibilities you will have to buy a license.
    This is a year old info extracted from DovetailLive.
    DTG's editor is still not ready.

Pardon me for breathing.

Couldn't get the BRCW Type 3 to pull the stock on NTP.

I couldn't see a thing as the guy who created the mod, set it at 21:30.

But at least TSW is pitch black at night, as it should be.

Uncoupled the loco and went light loco. You will have to take my word that it is the BRCW Type 3

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Vern.

We used to have the BRCW's off the SR for R&M and refuelling Vern.

So i am familiar with the class. But no idea why it wouldn't pull the BG's.

Must be the usual DTG bulls**t.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I am going to have to buy this sectorisation coal route.

So i can use the Class 101 on the GWML.

Why didn't he just use the NTP one.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Get it in the next Steam sale, Mike, which I think is in 2 weeks time, Thanksgiving/Black Friday.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thanks Steve, hopefully i might get a few bob off it buddy.

I never think of the sales, always dive straight in like an idjut.

I see you have the trucking bug as well buddy. I think both games are brilliant.

But as i said to Vern, a few months back. i think i slightly prefer ATS out of the two.

Cheers Steve.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Oh, I've had the bug since 18 Wheels of Steel back in 2003, Mike, SCS have grown exponentially since then, must admit that I like ATS more than ETS2, but, they are both great trucking simulators, and their DLC is quite cheap compared to other simulator companies.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Oh right you been riding the two lane black top a lot longer than me then Steve.

Agreed buddy, both excellent sims, but ATS just shades it for me.

DLC is very reasonable, i didn't think i would only have to pay £8.99 for Utah.

I was expecting something like £14.99. Then of course there are all the free mods.

None of this mini payware industry, like the train games.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd