Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PO&N question

Default PO&N question

What do all those little dwarf lights do on the PO&N routes? Is that a British railroad thing? I've never seen so many!

Dwarf lights? Are they dwarf signals or something? How about a screenshot?

For chp56: The dwarf signals are also a North American thing, but prototypically not to the extent the Sniper placed them.

For ebnertra000: Are you telling us you don't have a route from the God of Coconuts installed somewhere? Oh the shame, Oh the agony.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

I lost a couple in an OS upgrade mishap and haven't gotten them back yet. I hadn't driven it much anyway

The signalling system used on all the Port Ogden & Northern are a special set that allows the automatic AI traffic to properly interact with the player train. It's actually two complete routes in one where they are connected at various locations. The player part has (almost) all permissive signals and the AI part of the route uses all absolute (home) signals.

That said, I've never been able to get it to run properly in Open Rails, sad because I've had endless hours of fun running the route(s) under MSTS where it performed beautifully.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Oh, it's a beautiful route-gorgeous,really-I just couldn't figure out why there were so MANY of them, all flashing the same aspect-5 or 6 of them in a row, just a few feet apart-you say it's for the A.I.? But why would they need it? There's no one in the train to view it!

The computer views these signals. The physical model might not be needed. But the circuit connection to the track has to be there.

Robert

Just to build on Robert's post, The MSTS AI code chunk is different than the ORTS AI Code chunk.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Doug, Good point. That might also be the reasoning for why PO&N doesn't currently work correctly in ORTS sadly.

Robert

Do you have "extended AI train shunting" enabled in OR options\simulation?
    Cheers
    Derek