Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound issue

Default Sound issue

Hi: I've got a problem with a 5.1 speaker system and the sim: I have no sound in the rear speakers. It's the only game I have this problem. Any thoughts?
    Reegards

Does Run 8 even support surround sound?
    Vern.

I have a 7.1 surround system. you can fake it if it doesn't.

Mine is an old Creative Inspire T7900 system.

There is an option called "Speaker Fill" on mine, accessed from the software control panel for the system.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I'm using a Sound Blaster Z card and I can't find the 'Speaker fill' in it. It's not my only problem, section of rails disappeared, bass too loud, etc. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    .....you can fake it if it doesn't.....
    Ditto.
    That's what I do, too.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Ditto.
    That's what I do, too.
    You little copy cat, hehehehehehe

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

This is weird. Tried another Sound Blaster Z with the same results. Installed Realtek, checked the 'speaker fill' option, but I still have no sound in rear speakers when Run 8 is 'running'.

Regards

^
    Does Soundblaster Z use Realtek drivers and if not why are you using them?. The last official Soundblaster Z driver update was 27 Sep 19. I have Soundblaster XAE-5 Sound card installed with official drivers, and when I look in my device manager list there's no reference to Realtek being used as part of their drivers.
    The sound in my rear speakers is there and not as loud as the front speakers, but that's never really bothered me because Run8 is for the most part just basic stereo sound anyway. Happy to try and help you, but you haven't given us much information on your computer setup such as your Windows version, Soundblaster Z model number, Realtek driver version etc.

Cheers

James

Thanks James. I have no used the realtek drivers on a Sound Blaster card, realtek card is integrated in the motherboard. I've got installed the driver version for Sound Blaster Z you mentioned. For Realtek I downloaded the last drivers from their website (R282). I can hear all the speakers in their respective control panel and also in games except Run 8. By the way I've just verified that central speaker doesn't work either in the sim. It's a 2.1 sound system only in this game.
    My specs: Windows 10 64 bits 1903, Gigabyte z390 ud, i9 9900k, rtx 2080 ti, 32 gb ram kingston hiper x predator, ssd crucial 2 tb, hdd Toshiba 6 tb, psu corsair 850 w, Sound Blaster Z, logitech x-530 5.1
    Regards
    Last edited by Huno; 11-13-2019 at 06:48 AM. Reason: adding information

Huno, - I guessing that you want the Sound Blaster Z to be your main sound source and after looking at your motherboard, the Gigabyte Z390 has good on board sound quality as well. When your using the Sound Blaster are you disabling the on board sound in Bios and also disabling the Realtek drivers in Device manager?. I have a Gigabyte Z270X- Gaming 5 motherboard, with on board sound card disabled in bios and the sound drivers removed leaving only the Sound Blaster drivers and Microsoft audio drivers installed. Don't uninstall drivers if you are not confident, the main thing is to disable the card and drivers that you are not using to give priority to the sound card you are using so as to avoid conflicts.

You Should also check also that the HD audio drivers that are part of your graphics card drivers are not conflicting with your sound card drivers as well. As an example my Nvidia HD audio drivers try to override my Sound Blaster drivers and send the audio to my monitor speakers causing my Logitech X-540 speakers to be either not working or partially working, so I have to disable them so that the Sound Blaster drivers have priority.

You mentioned that all your other games are working fine and if you have good quality sound coming from only your front speakers and sub woofer for Run8, then I would not worry at all. I use 2.1 setup with Run8 as well since 5.1 sound has no real advantage in Run8 and does not take away any simulation experience that comes with Run8.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

James