Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posted release date for TSCAD for Run8

Price Drop. Very least, was kind enough to get the word out to those of "The Depot".

Fair play at least he listened and re-evaluated his pricing structure.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

market, there is no market or competition. Yes, listening is very nice. Can't fault that. Thanks to those who continue to share the main stream Run8 media here This Run8 forum is like the equivalent of RT BTW I like RT!

Thanks

Sean

Well, Kevin's response to the community's reaction to the advertised prices is to be commended.
    That changes the way in which I now look at my likelihood of buying it.

Thank you, Kevin.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Originally Posted by haverfordwest

"Fair play at least he listened and re-evaluated his pricing structure".
    Originally Posted by seagoon

"Well, Kevin's response to the community's reaction to the advertised prices is to be commended.
    That changes the way in which I now look at my likelihood of buying it".
    This is good news and it's great that he listened and lowered the price and put it in a price range so that we are all now considering buying it and further supporting development of Run8 and associates. I was concerned that most of us could not afford it and and that he would not get a decent return on his investment and time that he has put into the program, because he clearly has a passion for this area of railroad operation. Looking forward to employing "Foreman Smith and Foreman Jones" and creating maintenance of way operations for single player.

Originally Posted by scottmartin

"Price Drop. Very least, was kind enough to get the word out to those of "The Depot".
    Yes it would be nice if he posted here as well with announcements and talked about the program and future development etc. Us regulars here have just as much passion for Run8 as those at "The Depot" have.

Thanks to Todd for re-posting the announcement from Kevin.

Cheers

James

“Well, Again I thank the creator of TSCAD for getting the news out to those of "The Depot".
    I Thank the "Whistleblower" for sharing the news with the world.
    Both provided valued services to customers, potential customers, perhaps, any sense of communities that remain... Thank You Again!.”

I got to rereading / thinking of the above, sounded rather harsh, not my intention. The reference "Whistleblower" wasn't a shot,
    just seemed fitting alongside things happening in the Presidentual news as of late. Without someone bringing to light this latest news of TSCAD change of heart, those of us on the outside so to speak, be in the dark in many cases. Again, no ill will intended towards anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    Price Drop. Very least, was kind enough to get the word out to those of "The Depot".

Scott ,Kevin may not even be a member at Trainsim.
    Work Safe play hard

Kevin's two posts at The Depot are copied /pasted here and yes he listened. Kevin has gone thru a lot over the last yr and were lucky he got back into it to finish his project.. Thanks Kevin.

Hey all!

Things have been busy getting ready for TSCAD launch.

I do want you to know that I have been listening to the high price point. I want you ask to know that, as this is my first venture into the market on my own, the pricing was a bit of a shot in the dark to balance the time to develop features and the cost to you the consumer.

Understanding and hearing what you have said, I have decided to proactively reduce the price from the start.

TSCAD will be $25 instead of $40. Territories will range in price from $5-$15. Fact of the matter is that not all territories are equal. LA was a LOT harder to make that Needles (for example). So I’ll price those accordingly. This should be about 30-35% less than the prices originally announced. That does not include the 10% discount that will still be available the first weekend on sale.

I hope this will make a difference for some as I don’t want to price myself out of the market.

Looking forward to the release!

Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I should also note that I’m working with the Run 8 team with regards to compatibility in Run 8 V3. If updates to TSCAD are necessary, they‘ll be provided as free updates.

Kevin
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    “Well, Again I thank the creator of TSCAD for getting the news out to those of "The Depot".
    I Thank the "Whistleblower" for sharing the news with the world.
    Both provided valued services to customers, potential customers, perhaps, any sense of communities that remain... Thank You Again!.”

I got to rereading / thinking of the above, sounded rather harsh, not my intention. The reference "Whistleblower" wasn't a shot,
    just seemed fitting alongside things happening in the Presidentual news as of late. Without someone bringing to light this latest news of TSCAD change of heart, those of us on the outside so to speak, be in the dark in many cases. Again, no ill will intended towards anyone.
    I messaged Kevin and asked him to keep updates here also.
    Work Safe play hard

^
    Nice one Moderator

Thank You