Thread: No mouse rotation in MSTS RE

Default No mouse rotation in MSTS RE

I just bought the following laptop:

Alienware 15 R4
    Intel i7 8750H CPU @ 2.20 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
    Windows 10 Build 1903

After doing an install following the instructions on steam4me concerning W7 and W10, and completing all the updates, etc., I was pleased to to find that MSTS works great, framerates between 45 - 60, everything works fine, except... I have no mouse rotation in the RE. I can left-click and select scenery objects and right-click for properties, no problem, but I cannot rotate/move with the right-click function of the mouse in the RE.

After reading several posts in the forum about resolution, I've tried every setting in MSTS, both -16bit and -32 bit, with no luck.

I compared my registry settings with those on a working W7 PC, found that the "Editor rotation pause" key was not present, so I put that in using the settings from my W7 machine, no luck, assuming the value of 75 is correct.

In the registry I noticed that the "Editor settings" key was set to 0 instead of 1, so I changed that also, still no luck.

After 2 days of reading posts in this forum and searching online, trying this and that, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for help.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can maneuver in the RE?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

After a little clarification from some folks over at ElvasTower, I tried changing the resolution on the monitor, and lo and behold, I've fixed it by selecting a lower display resolution setting.

I had read here about resolution, but mistakenly thought it was the resolution settings in MSTS, not the display itself.
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.