Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Poll

I need high quality models of new Evolution Series locomotives and SD70ACe Tier IV.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

What about rebuilds? Various railroads and private companies have come up with some pretty unconventional ideas in order to breathe new life into old power. Of course, about the only pre-1980 power that was worth rebuilding after 20 years of use were the same classic EMDs we have so much of already...

I'm likely with Neil in the minority, but I would like to see some modern stuff--Tier 4's, current era rebuilds, etc. As a railroad historian, I very much like historical railroad equipment in "real life," but, in simming, I tend to prefer modern railroading.

What is DESPERATELY needed, though is both new and fully revamped routes with decent activities to go with them. Absent of that, simming today is just a bunch of neat equipment with no place interesting to run.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    I'm likely with Neil in the minority, but I would like to see some modern stuff--Tier 4's, current era rebuilds, etc. As a railroad historian, I very much like historical railroad equipment in "real life," but, in simming, I tend to prefer modern railroading.

What is DESPERATELY needed, though is both new and fully revamped routes with decent activities to go with them. Absent of that, simming today is just a bunch of neat equipment with no place interesting to run.
    I agree whole heartedly! There are a lot of Routes that are/or "In the Works" stages, an update of Older Routes would be welcomed by a lot of people with these just sitting idle on their computers.

As for Power Units, we all have enough BNSF units, a current trend to redo some NS units is admirable and should continue, there are some talented artists out there.

I'm all for fallen flags and older stuff.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    I agree Ulrich ....BUT of the current "Big Four" Union Pacific is the only "original" Road? Back in the Transition era UP tried out and ran all sorts of experimental train types and loco types and they too would be a great addition?
    Forget about KCS did we?

Just about any fallen flag from 1960 to late 80's.

Maybe some DD35's and a P30CH...
    Last edited by MMCdude; 11-13-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot the pooch

A set of DD35's would be nice to have
    Roburt

Another vote for fallen flags and older stuff.

Ron

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Anyone help me with the update of the DW Rock Island locomotive set ,DW does not reply to a polite request.