Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Poll

Older classics, even up to the 1990s, would be great. I start to loose interest after the early 2000s.
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

Consider the ten year period from 1968:
    - before Penn-Central
    - before Amtrak
    - before Burlington Northern
    - and many others;

to 1978:
    - after Conrail
    - after Chessie
    - after Amfleet
    - etc.

A fascinating decade, and mostly overlooked.

Fallen flags and Regional and short lines up to 2000's.But in the end it is what Jason wants to release and not what his followers want. I hope by the polls he will listen to his followers . Im still waiting for a Rock Island set and a modern CNW set with the C44-9W's.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

I like the idea of lease, shorlines, and regionals in 4 & 6 axle.
    Flog me if you like, I can take it, but I enjoy modern day railroading. That said, any new stuff should be something not previously released in multiple iterations.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

While I certainly enjoy the older classics, I'm still more of a contemporary guy. I'm likely to purchase either era, if it's within my interests, but I'd prefer Class 1's with modern equipment for me! I think there's still plenty that can be modeled.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I should like to see some Rock Island stuff,I have the original DW set but need the upgrade for that which I am pretty sure will not be forthcoming from them....also needs to be for MSTS as I really do not like OR,especially as the team there is unwilling to change things.

don't have Facebook account never will, but i would vote for Fallen Flags and older stuff that is what i would like to see more off

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Definitely classic, I think there is a need for up to date models of the following:
    GE 44 tonner, 70 ton and others of that vintage.
    Fairbanks Morse - switchers and road switchers
    Baldwin
    Alco - any of the models that BLWZT hasn't made
    U-Boats
    Beat me to it Gerry ...my list exactly.

BTW for those without FB the poll was running 35-40% Modern 65-60% Classic/Older on both models and railroads when I voted.

It's such a shame that DW "picked up their ball and left the playground". He had excellent models, a lousy marketing policy (bonuses you could only get by buying hundreds of dollars worth of add-ons etc.) and in deciding to penalise his customer base for the actions of a few idiots he finally IMO lost the plot. However that's history so any "gentlemans agreement" that may or may not have existed between payware providers not to poach on each others territory is no longer relevant? Straight off making available current standard U-Boats and other GE loco's of that era would surely find a market? This isn't DW "bashing" because the forum is full of posts of people who wanted stuff but were refused the ability to purchase them. The sets of DW loco's I do own are brilliant ....but that's not much use if I can't buy any more?!

1st generation diesels have huge gaps in the catalogue and with BLW/ZT already producing a massive amount for that era filling the gaps with decent Fairbanks Morse and Baldwin models would surely find a market?

It has to be recognised that the Canadian Railroads ran these older makers models a lot longer than most US railroads so their lifespan era is quite a bit broader than that with just US roads.

.....still unless trainsimulations are really listening this is just another wish list?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I am definitely for older/classic models and for more fallen flags. I think we have enough UP, BNSF, NS, CSX. Would love to see some high quality Chessie stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by uli2 View Post
    I am definitely for older/classic models and for more fallen flags. I think we have enough UP, BNSF, NS, CSX. Would love to see some high quality Chessie stuff.
    I agree Ulrich ....BUT of the current "Big Four" Union Pacific is the only "original" Road? Back in the Transition era UP tried out and ran all sorts of experimental train types and loco types and they too would be a great addition?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK