Thread: Creating new paths in TrackViewer

Question Creating new paths in TrackViewer

I do have a question for anyone who know about create the paths for new activity on any route in Open Rails TrackViewer. I was wondering if I can use the same path that are already used in that activity for the route and all I need to do is to change the name of the path file with the same starting point and ending point too. Just the word to change or will not work that way and have to create the new paths in Open Rails TrackViewer.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I do have a question for anyone who know about create the paths for new activity on any route in Open Rails TrackViewer. I was wondering if I can use the same path that are already used in that activity for the route and all I need to do is to change the name of the path file with the same starting point and ending point too. Just the word to change or will not work that way and have to create the new paths in Open Rails TrackViewer.

Thank you,

John
    Hi John,

I use Track Viewer and TSRE exclusively for activities - I'm not sure I'm following - if the path already exists - by all means use it - why change the name or copy it to an identical path ? A path is a path - not related to the activity - right ? I should be able to use it over and over again...

Regards,
    Scott

Scott -- Thank you for your time to reply to my message. Yes I am using the path that already exists from other activity on the same route. I am planning to create my activity that run the same route also the same player path from the starting point to end point. The route is CN Ruel Sub ( from TrainSimulations ) and the activity is VANCOUVER_LASER and the player path is VANCOUVER_LASER.pat too. Now my question is that should I change the name of path or just use the same path from another activity. That's my question about the path name.

Thank you again,

John

As long as you're not going to modify the path, just use it in the new activity with its existing name. I do this all the time. Quite often I will create some "generic" paths that I can use in multiple activities. My only caveat is that you examine the path that you are going to use very carefully. Quite often there can be passing paths, waiting points, etc. in the path that are not readily evident unless you look at it in detail.

Just be aware that the paths for AI trains may contain certain AI events like blowing the horn or uncoupling of cars.