Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BR Brush Type 2 Released

Perhaps they should have put their 3 braincells together then. To decide on using a different game engine more suited to train gaming. When they decided to embark on the creation of TSW.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Not to mention the impracticality of giving users tools to create their own activities or routes. Call me a doubting Vern, but I'll still believe it when I see it.

We moan about Trainz and the latest attempt to resell TRS19 as a Platinum edition at the same price we paid is an outrageous rip-off by N3V, but at least it supports longer routes and you can get under the hood quite easily.
    Vern.

Just because TSW is rubbish, doesn't mean Trainz is any less rubbish Vern.

One doesn't off set the other in my opinion buddy.

They are both a complete waste of time and money, just in different ways.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Must admit I am really struggling to find something to spend my £30 Steam voucher on.

Decided against the Tees route and 31 for TSW and not paying full price for the Sussex route.

Only DLC for 2020 that interests me is Newport to Shrewsbury but not at £25.

Could buy Black Sea for ETS2 but I've only just put ProMods 2.43 on and I don't want to lose it again.

No decent football management sims any more and a couple of titles I looked at in other genres got mixed or negative reviews!
    Vern.

That voucher is burning a hole in your pocket Vern.

PM 2.4X will be out in a while, so you won't lose it for long buddy.

Personally i have chosen to sacrifice PM for the official DLC.

As for me the DLC is more than worth it.

But i also use MHAPro which is like PM, and the latest version from earlier this week works with the Black Sea DLC.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRails View Post
    In the Official Discord Channel of DTG, the company senior producer keeps explaining all about limitations for not making long routes!
    You misunderstand me. The Ruhr Sieg route from Germany is 39 miles long, the American routes LIRR is 42 miles long and Peninsular Corridor is 47 miles long, however, the last 2 routes released, the German Wuppertal route is only 19 miles long plus a branch line of 7 miles and the Brighton route is only 23 miles long with a branch line of 7 miles in length, we seem to be getting shorter routes, but, paying the same price, that is unaccepatable as far as I''m concerned, if they can make Manchester to Leeds at 43 miles long then all their other routes should be of a similar length, is that so difficult for them to do anymore???

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

IMHO the minimum DTG should be aiming for with TSW is 40 miles, whether linear or a network of routes. They also know Trans Pennine was very successful in terms of heritage era/traction so why make the Eastbourne route as modern day?

Anyhow now used part of my voucher to buy the Black Sea DLC for ETS2, the rest can be banked on Steam until something worthwhile comes along.
    Vern.

Nice one Vern, worth every penny in my opinion.

TSW routes for me should be 70 miles average.

OK so DTG is incapable of long distance. But 70 is a good compromise.

Mike.