Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On The Road - Truck Sim

Default On The Road - Truck Sim

Mixed reviews...................

https://store.steampowered.com/app/285380/On_The_Road/

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Interesting if this game is able to compete. As a start, it looks like an ambitious ETS2-clone. Not a bad thing -- competition can actually help SCS. They put trucksims on the map. This validates what they're doing, makes it easier to point to and say "This is a successful genre and why we need funding for more development efforts to compete." A lot of the wishlist for ETS2 features is limited simply by available resources. An excuse to expand those resources is a benefit to SCS and an the players. Kind of like P3d vs X-Plane (and now the new MSFS) -- Competition and alternatives have been good for everybody.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

I wouldn't be too optimistic Eric. I watched a few YT game play videos earlier and the graphics for a new release look quite poor.

Also a lot of negative reviews on Steam, that i read after posting about the game here.

Poor physics and such like.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

It's alpha / early beta still; all that's to be expected. Plus it's largely an ets2-clone. But if they can pull off wishlist items like rigids and BDFs, and walkarounds outside the truck, they'll offer some competition for SCS which will in turn drive them to close the gap, so in the end it's all good.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    It's alpha / early beta still; .....
    No it's not. This is the initial v1 release as of yesterday.
    However, most of the comments relate to the EA.

I might try this simply because it has rigid-chassis models available.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Agree competition is good buddy. But at the moment i don't think it will give anyone at SCS sleepless nights.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No it's not. This is the initial v1 release as of yesterday.
    However, most of the comments relate to the EA.

I might try this simply because it has rigid-chassis models available.
    You traitor Bruce.

Mike.

Halfway between Portland and Seattle in the Shifting Sands

I was looking at the movies and screens for it. I like the paperwork/waybill aspect of it. Sort of gives you a physical tie to the load. As for the external walk-around, I think SCS will take these two items and expand on them eventually.

Bought, played for 32 minutes and then removed and a refund request granted.

Rubbish and should never have been released as-is from Early Access. Aerosoft should be ashamed of having their name associated with this game.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

At least you got your money back Bruce, which is a good thing.

Mike.