Thread: how to do .S .SD .ACE Files

Exclamation how to do .S .SD .ACE Files

if i want to create a Unit i need to do the .S .SD .ACE .ENG Files like i want to Create like say a SD70-9WM like a SD70 Mixed with a D9-40CW (SD70M) For M and W is from (D9-40CW) How wold i ?

yea i want to do this off of a BNSF 9370 ACe Unit

i want to do the SD70-9WM so Extend the SD70M Cab 2 or 3" Longer and for Trucks i wold do the HTC (High Traction Controll) Trucks 3 Axels in the Front and the Back as well

Quote Originally Posted by Boat23 View Post
    if i want to create a Unit i need to do the .S .SD .ACE .ENG Files like i want to Create like say a SD70-9WM like a SD70 Mixed with a D9-40CW (SD70M) For M and W is from (D9-40CW) How would i ?
    You will need to learn a 3D modeling to create the basic locomotive shape that you want. From the 3D modeling tool, you can create the S and SD files. A free 3d modeling tool like Blender 2.79 is your best FREE option. Lots of video tutorials on creating MSTS/OR locomotives - just search YouTube.

With graphics tools such as Paint Shop Pro, or MS Paint you create the textures that are applied to the 3d model. From the bmp/tga texture file, TGATool2A or MakeAce can (downloaded from this site) to convert the bmp/tga format to ACE format.

Finally, you can copy an ENG from an existing locomotive and modify it for your use. A free tool like Wordpad, Context (download at this site) or other ASCI text editors will allow you to modify the ENG for your needs.

Please go to steam4me site for great tutorials to get you started. https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/index.html

And last don't be shy, ask for help, explanations and guidance. Lots of experienced hands to help.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Ok so after that so i need to save my Textures well i Found the SD70M i need How wold i stretch the Cab out 4" Longer and Make the Body look like a D9-40CW on a SD70M Body what i am going to do is to Stretch the D9-40CW Body on a SD70M so i'll use my SLI_UP_RENUMBERS

the Eng i'll use is UP_SD70M_4581

ACE Files

UP_SD70M_4581a.ace
    UP_SD70M_4581b.ace

After Changing them it wold now be

BNSF_SD70-9WM_7500a.ace
    BNSF_SD70-9WM_7500b.ace

All Locomotives need PTC so i'm Useing the 3 files from the Above Mentioned File i'll use

PTC.ace
    PTCANTENNAE.s
    PTCANTENNAE.ACE

Rename Them as
    BNSFPTC.ace
    BNSFPTCANTENNAE.s
    BNSFPTCANTENNAE.ace

Then Find UP_PLATEING File and then Rename it to BNSF_PLATEING

And you Wold Need The SD70M-Windows.ace File

Files from the Next Folder SLI_NS_C40-9W_SET

C44INT.ace rename as

BNSF70WMINT.ace

Cabview From the SLI_NS_C40-9W_SET

and the Mattfsounds (Available from the Library)

(..//..//MC.SND//MCEMD_710//UPSD70eng.sms)- Eng Sound line

(..//..//MC.SND//MCEMD_710//UPSD70cab.sms)-Cab Sound line

i Hope This Helps Chris
    Last edited by Boat23; 11-19-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: needed to Add some stuff

You cannot modify an existing s file, that has to be built by you using a modelling program such as Blender. That will require you to learn how to use it before starting your main project which is exactly what Chris ( longiron ) stated above.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Right but if you Want it Custom then Rename it

i'm not going to Remodify it like by SFM i'm just doing is Renameing it

There is a lot of information here that explains how to modify WAG/ENG files and S file texture references to allow for "repainting" and "renaming". If you want to actually have a different shape... you need a MASTER model that is converted to an S file. An S file is like a PDF... A PDF is created from something that started out as maybe a Word Document. A PDF is a FINAL DOCUMENT and not designed to be edited or modified... just like an S FILE. If you can find a model MASTER (which some people have shared) you might use it as a starting point.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

i dont Think i have a MASTER Modle and i might have it in a Dropbox i have so that Might be Good does anyone think it wold Work ?

UPDATE As of 11/20/2019 i have someone that may be Willing me to Help me to Retexture the UP_SD70M_4581 Unit into the New BNSF Heratage 4 Paint