Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build-A-Box USRA Style

Default Build-A-Box USRA Style

Hi Folks,

Re: ORTS

Just trying to gauge interest to see how much effort I should put into the actual paint kit...

Anyone on this side of the fence - that still paints - interested in a couple undecorated USRA’s - with a PSP and PS paint kit ? There seems to be so few content producers left...

The model is on par with the Larry Goss PS1 boxcar as far as detail level goes... I’ve included models both with and without fish-belly... The side of the car is flat so you can easily use your own artwork to represent other variants... The model is ultra efficient designed for performance - four LOD’s and eight Draw Calls - so you can have literally hundreds in a scene with minimal impact... The LOD transitions are completely seamless from the first to the last... I’ll include a greyscale template in the paint kit with both a single sided and double sided boxcar pictured below... It will need your custom logo and lettering...

If there’s interest - l’ll put together a decent paint kit to illustrate how I paint models - including weathering ...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottb613; 11-23-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Scott,

Both cars look great and I for one would love to have cars based on them. We both like pretty much the same routes and cars for them are necessary.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pnrailway View Post
    Scott,

Both cars look great and I for one would love to have cars based on them. We both like pretty much the same routes and cars for them are necessary.
    Hi Paul,

Thanks - yep - you and I seem to be eye to eye on many things - you have mail...

Regards,
    Scott

Scott,

Thanks
    Paul

Well, you know I am interested. And I'm hoping you'll make a 40' version six inches shorter to make some of the other outside braced styles that were around then and a 36' version at the shorter height also. I think we could create a mess of cars to more realistically portray steam era consists.

I also think there is value making things that can be picked up in the future. Could Larry Goss have forseen how far his boxcars went?

Hi Christopher,

I sent you the updates - you should have them... I'll send you the updated PS files when I'm done...

Yeah - part of my recent work is to make the models very modular - so I can easily swap the couplers and trucks without having to touch them (unless I want to) on subsequent models or if I want to swap them at a later time if I build new ones...

Yeah - I also have a reefer mostly done and a flatcar that needs some more loads...

Regards,
    Scott

Last edited by scottb613; 11-24-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Re: ORTS

Just trying to gauge interest to see how much effort I should put into the actual paint kit...

Anyone on this side of the fence - that still paints - interested in a couple undecorated USRA’s - with a PSP and PS paint kit ? There seems to be so few content producers left...

The model is on par with the Larry Goss PS1 boxcar as far as detail level goes... I’ve included models both with and without fish-belly... The side of the car is flat so you can easily use your own artwork to represent other variants... The model is ultra efficient designed for performance - four LOD’s and eight Draw Calls - so you can have literally hundreds in a scene with minimal impact... The LOD transitions are completely seamless from the first to the last... I’ll include a greyscale template in the paint kit with both a single sided and double sided boxcar pictured below... It will need your custom logo and lettering...

If there’s interest - l’ll put together a decent paint kit to illustrate how I paint models - including weathering ...

Regards,
    Scott

Great job scottb613.

not decorated are closer to the real.
    Chimbica Dash8

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    Great job scottb613.

not decorated are closer to the real.
    Hi Anderson,

Thanks for you comments as well...

Regards,
    Scott

Scott,
    Really excellent - will make great consists hauled up my grades.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    Scott,
    Really excellent - will make great consists hauled up my grades.
    Hi Chris,

Thanks so much - why yes - yes it will - hopefully I'll crank out some more while the motivation lasts...

We'll need plenty of boxcars and hoppers for your masterpiece...

Regards,
    Scottt