Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Little Reefer

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Once again Scott you hit the mark ! They would look perfect behind the LHR Consolidation you created. Nothing like pulling a consist of heavy reefers on the LHR 1940's route behind #93 up to Maybrook.
    Hi Mark,

Hah - sure will - I'll have to build some wood ones too as after having a string of "cloned" cars (my number one peeve with sims) - having a long train of say reefers - all exactly the same height is my second biggest peeve - from old images car heights varied wildly...

I only routinely run a few routes:

- LHR and Tristate
    - B&M Connecticut River
    - Monon
    - WP Feather River (with Derek's steam roster)
    - Bridgton and Saco River (incredible Maine 2-Footer)
    - And now Chris's Masterpiece the B&O West End

Thanks for the comments and Happy Thanksgiving...

Regards,
    Scott

BTW Scott

Again wanted to say great job on these and your latest engine, they look really good!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    BTW Scott

Again wanted to say great job on these and your latest engine, they look really good!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi Rick,

Well that means a great deal to me - as I've certainly had plenty of enjoyment on your epic wonder of the Train Sim world...

Yeah - I take a bit of poetic license with the paint scheme - but personally - I don't think true black looks that good in the sim and years ago someone suggested I add a little blue to the paint - which I've used ever since... I also use contrasting colors - as this is a visual hobby - we spend a great deal of time making 3D details - why obscure them by painting the details all the same color ?

I've got a few irons in the fire - but I have an update for the Connie in the works (I drew a line in the sand to finally get this out but there are a few things I wanted corrected) - I'll be sure to send it your way when done...

I'm also working on bringing my old Mountains up to the Connie standard...

I've noticed you searching around a bit for a route project - the old L&HR could certainly benefit from your touch and wouldn't be a massive project (75 miles or so) - if you had any interest... Mark [MMSS] has expressed some interest as well... I've stayed in touch with Rich and I'm pretty sure he would allow an update... Maybe a team effort ? Just throwing it out there...

Thanks for the comments...

Regards,
    Scott