Thread: Routes with free roam???

Default Routes with free roam???

Does anyone have a list of the routes with free roam please? I assume these will be older routes, but being relatively new to train sim, I'm not sure how to find them. Thanks
    Cheers, Trev.
    Junior Member, but Senior Citizen

It's very easy to make your own free roams for any route,plenty of tutorials just google it.

Pretty much all of them

And these days you can make a Quick Drive session which combines the free roam with the ability to have the game set up your route for you.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambalam View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the routes with free roam please? I assume these will be older routes, but being relatively new to train sim, I'm not sure how to find them. Thanks
    Freeroam is the ability for anybody to move around a route on your own free will with your own train, all you do is place some wagons/coaches anywhere on the route put your locomotive at the front give it a driver and then off you go, you can do this on every route that is in the game, freeware and those you pay for off Steam, there are no restrictions as such you can go anywhere on the map just as long as you can change the points to go in any direction.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thank you all for taking the trouble of replying.

However, not being very computer savvy, I need an "idiots guide" to create a free roam scenario on a non-free roam route. Currently I launch the game which automatically logs me into Steam, then I play the game using mostly an Xbox controller, with the mouse and keyboard occasionally. Afraid I don't have the knowledge to modify/change anything.

As far I'm concerned, if the route doesn't have free roam, then that's it, and I'm giggered, I just have to play it in "career", "quick drive" or "standard", hence my original question.

From your excellent replies, this obviously is not the case, and maybe there is hope for me.

Incidently, not all my routes have standard play either. I have 27 routes altogether, mostly British, a few U.S., and a few German.
    Cheers, Trev.
    Junior Member, but Senior Citizen