Thread: Will Open Rails get moving Passengers in future

Default Will Open Rails get moving Passengers in future

is their a dev roadmap? i hope ppl/passengers are added in future

There has been some work on the subject, reported here. Basically, the idea is to use carspawners for other animations such as people. To do so one must create multiple spawners, some that spawn cars, some people and so on. I forget where this stands - it may be complete.

Of course just because open rails has the capability doesn't mean it is present on already built routes. Or newly built routes, for that matter. Somebody has to design a system and put it on a route.

Christopher

ok thanks christopher

It's explained in chapter 15.7 of the manual. As Christopher says, we're waiting that someone uses this feature in a route...

looking forward to this feature in future routes

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    There has been some work on the subject, reported here. Basically, the idea is to use carspawners for other animations such as people. To do so one must create multiple spawners, some that spawn cars, some people and so on. I forget where this stands - it may be complete.

Of course just because open rails has the capability doesn't mean it is present on already built routes. Or newly built routes, for that matter. Somebody has to design a system and put it on a route.

Christopher
    Christopher, I been playing with this for the redo of the Blue Comet Lines Redux Route. It isn't that hard to do & I an quite pleased with the results I am getting so far with it. A bit of a learning curve but so far so good. It will be nice to have busy platforms like Jersey City, Atlantic City, Red Bank, E'port and so on being full of life like they once were. I will post a video of the results soon when I get the results I want down pat.

Also been messing with multiple car spawners too. This is another great feature in OR because I like knowing I have different group of vehicles (Interstate/Toll Roads, City, Residential, Rural, etc) I can use of certain roads. Nothing worse than having a semi going down an old dirt fire road in the middle of the pine barrens. Just not very prototypical.
    - Mark -

I've used multiple carspawners in my Fantasii v2.0 route. You can use it as a guide.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    I've used multiple carspawners in my Fantasii v2.0 route. You can use it as a guide.
    Thanks Steve, I will & BTW I do love the Fantasil V2.0 Route, So much to do on it !
    - Mark -