Thread: East Coastway

Default East Coastway

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

It's 3rd rail which might spawn a Class 73 in the future, we already have a Class 33 locmotive available, if someone can repaint it into EWS colours, or, another post privatisation livery, that might not be so bad, we'll have to wait and see. The only thing is that the line they'll construct doesn't go anywhere near the actual seaside, we might get a bit of Newhaven Harbour, but, both Seaford and Eastbourne Stations are inland-ish, yet another DTG misnomer........lol

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

DC EMU's nice and simple for the physics guys, even DTG couldn't botch that up, or could they?

As Mike says, modern era leaves things a bit cold. Why not the late 60's when the stations were still largely painted in Southern green and a variety of EMU's - CIG's, VEP's and HAL's etc.

And while the South Downs are pleasant enough chalk scenery, the publicity description of "spectacular" is stretching credibility. Not going to be to of my list to buy, sadly, certainly not at full price.
    Vern.

I am not interested in anything privatisation era sorry Steve.

I will stick to my trucks buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Agree Vern, nothing against BR-SR third rail routes at all.

Very often me an the -ex, would pop over to Windsor and catch the train up to Waterloo.

Rather than the same old trip to Paddington, if we were going up the smoke.

The other thing is, the TSW route is painfully short as usual.

Mike.

And, not to delve off topic - where still are the editors? I'm not so much concerned about a route editor as that aspect of the process is moving beyond me now, but a scenario and activity editor to mix and match the motive power etc. I know there is the hack, but really looking for something official.

And for that matter, why have DTG never explored putting out their own additional scenarios or timetable packs using motive power from the different routes? Is UE4 so bad, even they can't understand how to do it?

Company has more snake oil than Boris bloody Johnson.
    Vern.

Hahahahahahaha, yeah but would you want Corbyn in power Vern. I voted for Labour all my adult life, but not anymore but never Tory either.

Sorry way off topic, TSW editors seem like the ultimate vapour ware buddy.

In regards the abilities of DTG, they didn't have the nouse to sort out Railsim\Railworks\TS20xx. So what hope is there of them understanding UE4

Mike.

Labour would be my first choice if it wasn't for Corbyn and Momentum - bring back John Smith (RIP), the best Prime Minister we never had. LibDems are an also ran in this constituency which leaves Labour as the only viable competition to that slimy toad Robert Buckland. Genuinely confused.com with this election!

Anyway back on topic, I might still give this route a whirl as at least it's not a straight linear route. Can always refund it. I remember my parents taking us to Eastbourne on holiday in 1974. Only time we ever came back from holiday on the Wednesday. Dank holiday camp miles from the beach, which turned out to be all pebbles and no sand. Blustery, wet and cold (was early May!). Even the tramway had been packed up and moved to Seaton by then!
    Vern.

John Smith, now there was a man you could trust.

Lib-Dums and the Greens are a joke to me Vern. Preseli Pembs, has been Tory for 20 years, but it was very close last time with Labour only a few hundred votes behind. No more TSW for me buddy, until at least the editors are released. Rush of blood two weeks ago buying the Type 2 and the Tees Valley route, i won't make the same mistake again.

Shingly Eastbourne in May must have been dire Vern. Never understood what people see in places like Brighton, Margate etc. All dirty looking shingle beaches. Bournemouth is a lovely beach, as is Hengistbury Head next door, both are sand. That is a holiday to forget then Vern, or perhaps remember for the wrong reasons.

Mike.