Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSCAD For Run 8 is NOW AVAILABLE

Default TSCAD For Run 8 is NOW AVAILABLE

Happy Black Friday!

After a long time in development, I am very pleased to offer TSCAD for sale to those interested. I created TSCAD not necessarily as a replacement for the External Dispatcher or the built-in Dispatcher in Run 8, but rather as a prototypical alternative to those dispatching solutions. It certain can function as a replacement, but the goal was to offer a reasonably prototypical dispatching experience.

If you are interested in buying TSCAD For Run 8, head on over to the Form B Studios website:
    https://www.formbstudios.com/shop

If you think you may be interested and would like to check out the User Manual to see the features included, you can download the PDF for free here:
    https://www.formbstudios.com/s/TSCAD...-Manual-v2.pdf

I hope everyone enjoys the software!

Kevin Morgan
    Form B Studios LLC

Just bought
    Work Safe play hard

Oh heck, run out of spends for this week.

Really want to get this asap.

Thanks very much for the manual link, Kevin.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thank you, Kevin. Base package bought!
    And I will certainly be buying the add-on packages for those routes I own.

Regards from Down Under.
    Bruce.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I have decided to hold back from purchase until some of the known bugs at release are fixed , and some needed changes in RUN8 are sorted out.

Curios about BNSF Bakersfield yard, Is it included in the TSCAD base program or do you have to buy the TSCAD Bakersfield DLC as well ?.
    And if it's not part of the base TSCAD program, that's going to be a problem for people who don't own the RUN8 Bakersfield route.
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 11-29-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    Curios about BNSF Bakersfield yard, Is it included in the TSCAD base program or do you have to buy the TSCAD Bakersfield DLC as well ?.....
    James, you get the basic Bakersfield yard as seen in the core Run 8 program.
    You only need the add-on if you are also running the R8 Bakersfield sub.

Here's a screen shot of the appropriate section of the Despatcher's panel.Bakersfield.jpg
    It covers the route from Saco to Summit.

One thing I have learned very quickly; it is essential to read the manual in order to get the best out of the program.
    Don't think for one minute that one can just fire it up and start despatching with ease!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

^
    Bruce, thanks for the picture, but the base Run8 program, includes the BNSF Bakersfield section of CP Lopez, CP Jastro, Gomez, and Bakersfield Yard etc and I'm not seeing it in the picture. Just seems a bit of an unusual decision for the base TSCAD program track configuration to not match RUN8's base program track configuration and include the short BNSF section from CP Lopez.

I own the Bakersfield Sub so it's not a problem, but as I said before if don't own Bakersfield Sub then you have to control that short BNSF section with the default Run8 screens and then you can switch to TSCAD just before Kern Junction.

I will go ahead and buy TSCAD today, despite the bugs etc, because I think it's a good idea to support all aspects of RUN8, especially if we want to see this hobby continue long term.
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 11-30-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    ........ but the base Run8 program, includes the BNSF Bakersfield section of CP Lopez, CP Jastro, Gomez, and Bakersfield Yard etc and I'm not seeing it in the picture....
    Yes, you are spot on, James. I hadn't noticed that until you raised the point.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    James, you get the basic Bakersfield yard as seen in the core Run 8 program.
    You only need the add-on if you are also running the R8 Bakersfield sub.

Here's a screen shot of the appropriate section of the Despatcher's panel.Bakersfield.jpg
    It covers the route from Saco to Summit.

One thing I have learned very quickly; it is essential to read the manual in order to get the best out of the program.
    Don't think for one minute that one can just fire it up and start despatching with ease!

Yes the manual is a must read to get the most out of it and when you do it is so cool.
    Work Safe play hard