Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSCAD For Run 8 is NOW AVAILABLE

Yeah I don't have Bakersfield either so I would assume someone who purchases it would control all control points up to but not including Kern Jct.

I'm curious about the southern and eastern limits of the default software though.

How far south can you dispatch, I think I heard South Dike on UP which I take Slover is controlled by something else.

As for BNSF you would get everything from Mojave as far as "EAST" Needles. For me I don't have Seligman Sub so I'm not sure I could control anything beyond West Needles. But I take it it would still work?

Trying to figure things out for a session tonight on SRS and I'd like to purchase at least the base software to try and support the author on something I would use once a week at the very least.

Thanks

Sean

Originally Posted by Survivor Sean

I'm curious about the southern and eastern limits of the default software though.

How far south can you dispatch, I think I heard South Dike on UP which I take Slover is controlled by something else.
    Sean the boundaries of TSCAD base program

BNSF Kern junction
    UP Saco
    BNSF Lenwood
    BNSF East Needles
    UP Yermo
    UP S Dike ? Not sure what happens here if you don't have RUN8 Cajon route.
    UP Vincent

I'm getting a slight performance hit when this program is running, with some lag noticeable.
    I did a test at Fresno with unlimited frames per second and averaged around 75-80fps, but when TSCAD is shut down the fps jumps to 90fps with no lag. To eliminate the lag I have to limit the sim to 30fps. Cajon route installed with no problems.
    I also experimented with a second monitor with Tscad on one monitor and Run8 full screen on my main monitor, unfortunately the different refresh rates of monitors resulted in another performance hit.
    Certainly two monitors is the way to go and provides a very realistic experience and something to work towards with a future hardware upgrade.

Cheers

James

Well I did purchase the base program but held off on any additional routes. Though I find it promising and some features very welcome, it seems to have some issues at least on my end. I understand the known issues, but I'm getting quite a bit off communication glitches. It got to the point where certain control points became frozen in limbo unable to change.

Wondering if this is a resource issue, if so sucks to be me

I will wait for further updates.

Thanks

Sean

Actually just to update that not sure why I didn't say I purchased other routes when I forgot I bought LA as well for my dispatch session.

Only have run it the one time in session, but apparently the host was having issues as well. Another thing that I find annoying is the text system. Though it's nice to have an entire history, every time someone chats on channel 0 this thing pops up with message waiting. Now if they could find a way to take a channel out of focus like you can in ED then it wouldn't be so annoying. You simply go to a channel of your own and wait for the tones.

Speaking of the tones another nice feature would be to have tones that only light up for desks you are logged into console. So lets say you are monitoring LA but working Mojave. I shouldn't be toned for LA. At least that was what it appeared to take place in our session.

But the big thing remains the communication glitches. If you want to live through my misery check out the live stream from this past Sunday. You'll see weird stuff like entire control points flashing. Some blocks not showing up trains apparently. Others showing trains when they were not in the block. Not having this issue with F3 or ED so I'm not sure what the issue is with this.

I'll wait and see where things go from here.

Thanks

Sean

What does it offer over ED?

From what I’ve read it won’t run on a second networked computer.

And there appear to be quite some bugs.

But the author is dedicated to resolving those bugs and improving his software, so it will only get better.

Stacking is very nice and prototypical as well as running time etc. I'll keep trying and if it drives me nuts I'll switch back to ED for the time being.

Thanks

Sean