Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am still here.

Default I am still here.

Just to dispell any other thoughts yes I am working on trains. I have been working on a secret project with another member from the community on a FA project. I have also been asked to do some painting on some F7 locomotives. I really wanted to
    do thse projects cause both will help the community. I know I work slow but I really want to try and capture all the correct markings and details when I do things.
    So just bare with me as I do these and I will get back to doing other projects Yes Dave I have NOT forgotten your well cars and your Hub containers!

Much love to all this start of the hoilday season!
    Michelle

Michelle this is a hobby. Time is of importance only to you. Please enjoy your work and don't let self imposed times cause stress. We can all wait for your excellent work!

Michelle, don't feel like you have to undertake projects just to please a few or a lot. Don't burn yourself out by taking on too much. Lineman's right, it's just a hobby. There's a lot of other things in life that are more important. Take your time, enjoy yourself. We love you around here, you've got tremendous talent.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Just this weekend I was missing you. I have appreciated your contributions and your presence and interest in some of the same things that interest me.

Some good advice in this thread. Have fun and enjoy life if you can. Hopefully we can be part of that.

I remember that you have had some challenges recently. How are things going?

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Just this weekend I was missing you. I have appreciated your contributions and your presence and interest in some of the same things that interest me.

Some good advice in this thread. Have fun and enjoy life if you can. Hopefully we can be part of that.

I remember that you have had some challenges recently. How are things going?

Christopher
    not too bad had the operation on my hand and fingers i lost a good deal of moblity in my 5th finger and some in my 4th which the doctor had already expected to happen since i have such tiny hands only wear a size 5 ring still have 2 to 3 more months of physical therapy for my legs but I can walk just not in heels. Feels so weird being pushed into flats and sneakers cause heels were always something women wore to work. The good thing is my lower legs no longer hurt. so I usally just sit in my new leather computer chair and paint and work on hidden projects for the community.

hopefully this week the FA will be done and it can be released.

Michelle,

From experience (Now 14 years of it) best advice I can say is listen to your doctors & the advice they give you for your care. I have a diabetic ulcer on my left leg that started out in 2005 the size of a US dime. He told me what to do and how to care for it & I was like yea, yea, yea. Being male with a New Jersey attitude I didn't listen. In a year The ulcer was from my foot to my left knee clear to the bone. Well almost losing my leg 4 times taking 10 years to totally heal over & 17 operations later I should have listen. I am still paying the price but I do obey (That is right, OBEY) my doctors orders these days.

As I & all your fans feel here, you health is first ! We will be here, cheering your full recovery. Your work is true art on here. Your reskins you share do spoil us in a community that has be lacking over the past few years. But I think we worry more when we just don't see you post even a comment on here. The silence is not golden. We worry more for you than the downloads you share with us.

And maybe one day I will ask for a simple reskin request (It should be an easy one).
    BUT FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT....here is to your recovery first ! And wishing you and your family across the great pond a very blessed holiday season. And to a happy & healthy 2020.

- Mark
    - Mark -

Michelle,

No rush like I said on the projects, so dont worry about it.... Take care of what you gotta do first. I am just doing on file cleaning up right now, deleting the ones that I dont like anything thats pre 2005 "photoskinned and fake-coupler" consists and older locomotives thats in my TRAINSET folder to all my current good payware vendor models that we all have painted and detailed....

I am doing this, since with Open Rails, most older photoskinned models are getting too stretchy like "Silly Putty" and its a sore to my eyes...lol
    Dave Edwards

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Pace yourself and don't let any project become a job. Do it when you feel like it, and only then. Don't let some arbitrary deadline drive you nuts.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Pace yourself and don't let any project become a job. Do it when you feel like it, and only then. Don't let some arbitrary deadline drive you nuts.

I have been taking things slow it's hard to do somethings cause i can't bend my fingers so well but I have learned to work around it. As Clint Eastwood said Improvise Adapt Overcome! Since I can't wear heels anymore my daughters have struck a gold mine I had 20 pairs so I just gave them 10 each. Told them Merry Christmas don't ask for anything else. BOTH were like Okay we will not! I had expensive taste in heels cause I needed them to last.

3 of the animations are done I am waiting on the next one, and Permission to release these to the community.

BTW your saying is true but for me it's Chessie and Penn Central.

Hi Michelle,

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

Should have the F7 B unit ready by the end of the week. Once complete, I will send it along. I sent the first of the FP7 A units the other day.

Robert