Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRSL/South Jersey Routes

Default PRSL/South Jersey Routes

Happy late thanksgiving everyone,

I’m looking for Open Rail/MSTS routes for the Atlantic City Line or any other PRSL Line. Does anyone have any leads to where to find some? Thanks a bunch!

- Nick

Hi Nick,

You have the PRR-ER V2 in the library here that does have the PRSL AC Mainline from AC to Camden Federal Street Terminal , Pavonia Yard. It also has the Delmar Bridge for going into Philly via Frankfort Jct.

There is also the Blue Comet Lines Route in the library here that is the CNJ based in 1929. It runs from Winslow Jct. to AC.

I am in a the middle of a more modern version of the route (With the author's premission) from release at some time mid to late 2020.

Rolling stock & motive power is very limited for the PRSL. There is a Baldwin road switcher in the library here and BLW/ZT has a great set of their famous Budd RDCs. The payware set has both early and late versions of the PRSL Budds. And it includes versions of NJT & for the CMSL. At $9.99 for the set, it is a steal.

Nice to see another PRSL fan on the forum FINALLY !
    - Mark -

Nick,

I should have given you this info in the prior port. The link for the PRR Eastern Region Route file in the download library here is: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib.php?searchid=14711295

It is a complete mini-route so please read Vince's install docs before installing it. You will need Scalerails From 3D Trains also to run it. Join their forum and it is a free download: http://www.3dtrains.com/forums/

The Blue Comet Lines Route by Steve Durham is a multi part download route in 9 parts (Eight files for the route and one route "FIX" file). You will need to just search " Blue Comet Lines " in the file library & all 9 parts come up. You also need
    X-Tracks 3.2 and New Roads 4.0 to use it which are available here in the library also.

The Blue Comet route run great in either MSTS or OR. I do suggest OR just for a better exprience.
    Last edited by MMSS; 12-02-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling & information
    - Mark -

Thanks Mark!

I’m excited to start getting this stuff all set up. The budd cars are a must! Thanks again,

- Nick

Broadway Limited Locomotive Works has a freeware PRSL passenger set (along with other very nice PRR stock). BLLW's PRSL set consists of a B60b Baggage car and two P70R Parlor Cars. They go well with the Baldwin road switcher.

BLLW site is: www.bllw.net

Quote Originally Posted by nicksobkow View Post
    Thanks Mark!

I’m excited to start getting this stuff all set up. The budd cars are a must! Thanks again,

- Nick
    Nick,

llanning08 is right, BLLW does have a great set of freeware PRSL Baggage & parlor cars. That one did slip my mind but I thank him for bringing that to your attention.

After my Blue Comet Lines "REDUX" is released here next year sometime. The next step for Version 3 of the route is I am extending the PRSL lines to the south & southwest of Winslow Jct. The CNJ will be extending to Vineland & Bivalve.

The PRSL lines & branches will include:

1) Bridgeton Secondary Track
    2) Salem Secondary Track
    3) Penns Grove Secondary Track
    4) Grenloch Secondary Track
    5) Clementon Branch
    6) Williamstown Secondary Track

And more to the south & east we will have:

1) Millville Branch
    2) Newfield Secondary Track
    3) Somers Point Secondary Track
    4) Manumuskin Secondary Track
    5) Leesburg Secondary Track
    6) Woodbine Secondary Track
    7) Cape May Branch
    8) Ocean City Branch
    9) Wildwood Branch
    10) The Cape May Point Spur

Some people would say "WOW, such a huge task. We will see if it happens". What they don't understand but I am sure you do living where you are is this area of South Jersey railroading is very compact compared to like areas in the western USA. All of this is like in a 75 x 75 mile area & that is being generous.

Two toss ups I have with doing this. On the Wildwood Branch I am only going to the Oak Ave. Station (or by 1968 it was more or less a terminal). But my heart wants to go down Jersey Ave all the way down to Cold Spring & put the famous loop in there with the engine facility. Yes people there was more that one loop besides Bay Head in NJ. But being I am doing around 1968 & the Wildwood Branch was abandoned from Oak Avenue to Cold Spring in April 1958 I am not going to put it in.

The other is I am going to extend the mainline west to at least Lindenwold. Because in early 1969 PATCO took over the duties of trains in Philly. I will put in the duel station there for it. Not doing Pavonia Yard Camden either. I will just put in a small yard at the west end of the Clementon Branch to stage freight movements for activities.

But one thing you will learn with routes and their creations. Rome wasn't built in a day. It really takes a while for creating one. And for years the master route designers on here did it using the very unstable MSTS Route Editor. How they did it, I really don't know. They are the bellwether to the art of route creation. But in the last few years, Goku's TSRE5 (I might add still in beta form) has made life a bit more easy. One thing to the creator of it Goku listens and works with the end user for making it a great route editor. If it wasn't for him and TSRE5 and Vince's patience & hard work fixing the PRR-ER route. We still have that phantom signal in Trenton and 35 MPH speed limits on the NEC.

But the main thing is have fun. Explore those great routes I mention and the many more here in the T-S library. There are many more great routes in the library that are based in NJ and the surrounding states. So have fun. Ask questions if you have because people on here are very helpful. They got me out of binds I made in the past a lot.
    - Mark -

A PRSL rolling stock set is on the BLWZT "someday" list. I believe somebody has in this file library done the Baldwins and GP38's, but not really up to current standards.
    Christopher

And of course Chris (Along with Rick Franzosa of BLW/ZT) have been hard working on the upcoming "BLW/ZT CNJ 1970's Southern Division Set". Chris has done a wide array of rolling stock that is fitting for the CNJ's Southern Division in the late 60's to the birth of Conrail plus the few years Conrail kept the line going (1978). He did a load of research on it, he even showed me a few things I didn't know. Rick's work on the RS3 unit is awesome too. He reworked the shapes to fit the generations of the CNJ's Also road switchers making them prototypical.

Chris has a thread on the forum here showing the work being done with the set. You can follow it here at this link: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...nd-more)/page5

I will be making activities on the set based on actual runs (JS-1, SJ-2, The Famous "Sand Xtras" in the early to mid 1970's, Drills for the CNJ's Barnegat & Seashore Branches, NY&LB & more) in South & South-Central Jersey set & will release them here in the D/L library & the Valleypass forum too.

So see Nick, A lot of great things coming up for South & South-Central Jersey railroading in the era of the PRSL & CNJ. Thanks to people like Chris, Rick, Max (For those great SD35s !), Vince for his much improved version of the PRR-ER, Steve Durham for his Blue Comet Lines route plus a few others who released items in the forum library recently. Jersey is a happenin' place again in the world of Open Rails.
    Last edited by MMSS; 12-02-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Spelling and added infomation
    - Mark -

Thanks! I looked at the page, they have some quality stuff.

I'd love to get my hands on the GP38's! I imagine it must be difficult to be able to model them with their extended cabs.