Thread: TRS 2019 Performance

Default TRS 2019 Performance

Hi,

First post on the forum. I have a doubt with Trainz and not having much luck over at the Auran forum so I thought I should try here.

I recently bought TRS 2019 (I also have T:ANE, TS12 and TRM 2017) and all well, but on the recent Black Friday sale I decide to buy Legacy of Burlington North II. It turns out that this scenario/module runs terrible on my PC. All other stock routes that came with my regional (US) copy of TRS 2019 run just fine, but not this one. It stutters, lags and I get model washout´s while switching views. It´s like my PC can´t handle it.

I have my PC W10 graphics settings to "Performance", and my Trainz folder excluded from my anti-virus.

What is very strange is that the same scenario with the same in-game settings works just great with T:ANE. Acording to the Trainz shop, the scenarios is comatible with TRS 2019. Acording to the JR site it´s not, or at least it´s not stated. So really don´t know what to make out od all of this.

Any ideas?

Sure if I lower my settings in TRS 2019 the scenario works better, but still it makes no sense that with T:ANE it works just fine. Besides my PC should be hable to handle it without such issues.

Iam quite new to Trainz overall, so I might be missing something here, but overall I think this scenario might not be optimized yet, or Iam doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Mike

Hope specs show in my signature now...
    Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s.

TRS2019 is a not particularly well optimised mess. Even working in Surveyor on a simple route, the PC fans are often screaming away. There are limited options for taming the beast, turning down the draw distance, turning off shadows and post processing but then you might as well be running Trainz 2004.

The whole thing needs rebuilding from scratch with a modern graphics engine and a competent programmer who is not entangled in his own spaghetti code!

Actually TANE suffered from the same problem when first released, some of us were even getting PC shutdown due to overheating, it was so chronically under optimised.

There are updates being worked on by N3V as seen in their beta forum for the "privileged" gold and silver class members, but reading reports there seem to indicate the coding and bug fixing cause more issues than being solved!
    Vern.

Thank you Vern for your reply, very kind of you.

That´s a shame to read really. TRS does look very good, but if it´s going to be a PC health hazzard, might as well stick with T:ANE and TRM 2017.

Even TS12 seems to have some hickups once in awhile with my other PC (i5 3rd gen. 8GB, GTX 1060/5VGB).

Mike
    Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s.