Thread: New Freightcar pak and Route

Default New Freightcar pak and Route

Okay a new freight car pak is out and the Trona Branch from Mojave

http://www.run8studios.com/routes.shtml

http://www.run8studios.com/trainsets.shtml#center

Bottom of page.
    Work Safe play hard

Many thanks for the H/U.

In fact, double thanks...because it prompted me to buy the San Bernadino sub which, for some odd reason, I had missed altogether!
    Last edited by seagoon; 12-06-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well, I can formally announce that memory loss has officially started!

I discovered that I had, in fact, bought and downloaded the San Bernadino sub in April last year but for some strange reason had never installed it!!
    When I went to place the just-bought item into my Downloads folder up popped a message asking if I wanted to replace the one downloaded more than 18 months ago.

Next stop, dementia wing of the local nursing home!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Update 09 (Version 11.25.2019)
    AI-Generated trains for the Selkirk\Mohawk Region:
    DPU will now sometimes be assigned to the train if necessary
    minimum HPT has been lowered (too many locos were being assigned)
    Fixed minor bug causing Dynamic Brakes to be stuck after using [Shift-F5]
    Adjusted AI Track Speeds on the Mojave Sub to accommodate the upcoming Lone Pine\Trona Railway project
    Adjusted a few naughty AI Track Speeds on the Needles Sub
    Coil Steel Cars: To accommodate the upcoming new Coil Steel cars
    In the TMU, the “Gondola Cars” button now reads “Gons-Coil”
    In the Industry Configuration Menu, there is a category for Coil Cars
    'Unit Coil Steel' type has been added for AI train generation
    Note: Unit coil-steel trains will normally spawn in a 1x2 50-car or 2x0 30-car configuration, as per typical train-handling guidelines. You may see more locos depending on the loco-types allowed, but the sim will attempt to follow standard practice of having more DPU than head-end locomotives
    Excessive Coupler-Angle alarm has been adjusted to reduce false-alarms with longer cars on tight curves
    One such location was the connector track at Hobart Main 4 to the UPRR branchline when using the long NADX boxcars
    BK Sub: Fixed a minor signal problem at Shirley
    Mojave Sub: Fixed some floating mainline north of Mojave Yard and added a couple of local landmarks

Freight car Pak
    MixedFreight2.jpg
    Work Safe play hard

Sounds like a good update! Dispatching Selkirk might be a challenge as it's capable of being with the lower HPT values and higher speed traffic like the Amtrak stuff. Always found the Amtrak could never catch up to them.

So now the excessive coupler thing has me curious especially when it pertains to Selkirk Hump. There are some tracks in that yard where you can't hump large cars. I'm very curious if this has fixed it because resource wise the hump was manageable.

Not sure why Waycross (other than resources) gives me false humps. Probably requiring a bit too much computing power for what my previous mid range computer could handle.

Thanks for the update, will have to check it out.

Thanks

Sean

Thank You Moderator for the news updates.

Couple of things just wanted to say regarding new patch and packs etc.

G-Sync Note: I recently brought a new ASUS G-Sync monitor and updated my NVIDIA drivers to 441.41, and I,m not experiencing any frame-rate problems during\after using the F3 Dispatch Screen. The only thing that is giving me frame rate problems is TSCAD that I spoke about in that thread.

With the addition of the the mixed freight car pack 2, the loads for the steel industry is well represented especially if you have Gondola Pack 1, and Mixed Freight Car Packs 1&2. I think the mixed freight car packs are a very good idea, especially if Run8 continue to make specific wagons that are needed to serve the industry's on the routes.
    Nice to see some extra scenery enhancements around Mojave, though the floating wind turbine heads are still disturbing. Mojave needs a few more upgrades to reach it's full potential such as the Airport and relocating Progress Rail Services to its proper location, along with the track and sidings and streets and grade crossings in that area of Mojave. I believe the track running along the side of Roper Street is sometimes used as a team track for all the industry's located around the airport area. Since we have already gondolas, they could in a future freight car pack add another gondola carrying axle wheel sets to be sent to Progress Rail Services for repair and return.

Really pleased to see Lone Pine Branch released, but the wallet needs a lot management this time of the year so will buy later on.

In conclusion happy with the patch and the new freight car pack.

Originally posted by Survivor Sean

So now the excessive coupler thing has me curious especially when it pertains to Selkirk Hump. There are some tracks in that yard where you can't hump large cars. I'm very curious if this has fixed it because resource wise the hump was manageable.

Not sure why Waycross (other than resources) gives me false humps. Probably requiring a bit too much computing power for what my previous mid range computer could handle.
    Sean!
    If i recall from memory from watching your videos but didn't Selkirk and WayCross hump controls have speed issues, as well large car handling. I noticed in the Selkirk/Mohawk update there is no mention of fixing speed issues if they were present for the hump controller. Just wondering if you could do a video, testing those yards with the new updates and various hump speed settings etc.

Thanks

James
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 12-07-2019 at 10:26 PM.

I believe there was an issue where the corrupted strings would occur on coupling, however I believe that issue was already resolved a while back. I could be wrong on that one as I don't really use those humps these days. The curves I definitely remember on some of the tracks when reefers and autoracks would go down and they would stop rolling due to excessive curving. Haven't got anywhere near testing this out again and likely won't for some time. But it certainly sounds like a step in the right direction.

Thanks

Sean

Here's a review of the new Mixed Freight Pack 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Erb0MXLcM