Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Screenshots with no particular theme... Part 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ossie View Post
    and you've got "load dds checked" the absence of .dds in the shape file isn't an issue. ORTS will load the dds texture regardless of the file extension name in the .s file.

I see that as more of a transitional thing. As in that check box option may not be there forever. The goal of the exercise was to have an effective reason to get permanently fixed shapes for the USx line of track loaded up into the Global folder of this forward-looking ace-less installation. It's kinda the same reason I've gone through all the 'transitional' rolling stock packs (ones that came with both ace and dds files). When uncompressed, I was a bit shocked to see the randomness of both ace an dds calls in the same shape file, as if they were leaning very heavily on a user-selectable checkbox setting that may be temporary in the end, to make these new rolling stock items work. Needless to say, I changed them over to dds as I came upon them, to make sure they still run fine after the check box potentially goes away.

Pauly, ORTS BNSF Seligman does have different track compared to MSTS Seligman for both ATSF and BNSF, but it is unknown if it is now convertable or not. My guess is probably still not, at least not without some custom US3 shape creation. But all I needed was one convertable route, like Scenic, to be the reason to get those permanently fixed track shapes into that Global folder, and to be available to other Xtracks-based OR-only routes released by them in the future. I would like to see any future X-tracks-based routes from them to be more compatible with the existing slate of USx shapes, either that, or they need to supply the missing pieces.

One of the few times a Triclops lead on an ethanol train over Horseshoe Curve

- Chris N.
    So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

That's a beauty, Chris!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Caught a Montreal-bound CN train hustling along the Northwest Lines with a special treat third out.

Founder/owner of the California Pacific Railway, NorCal Rail Shops

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

5. Default

It sure does feel like Open Rails has come quite a way in fairly little time, both with the program itself and the community around it. I thought it's be neat to compare a screenshot I took back in 2016...

To one I took earlier today.

Same route (Surfliner), same location, and same time in the sim (though the sun may say otherwise); Every little change in detail has been the result of advancements in OR's capabilities (i.e. dynamic shadows) and some contribution from the community, from the route's visual overhaul to the custom OR skies/clouds provided in the file library.

I also took the liberty of adding USTracks to this route, albeit with less-than-stellar results when it came to areas with sharp switches and crossovers that I didn't consider before going into it.

Wow! Sure looks good Chris!
    CG

Wow, nice job on the CN heritage unit!

Definitely a well done job! 17 more to go
    CG

Any chance those repaints might see a public release? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwyrick View Post
    Caught a Montreal-bound CN train hustling along the Northwest Lines with a special treat third out.

Very nice the paint of CN GT HERITAGE .
    Chimbica Dash8