Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 559

Thread: Various Screenshots with no particular theme... Part 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    719

    Default

    A couple of spots along the Cima Sub as the rainstorm moves through the area until I got to CA/NV state line...That's when trouble started.

    Regards,

    -Frank C.



    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

  2. #2

    Default

    Did you have the sim set to "winter"? Usually desert-based routes will have a set of winter textures that are identical to summer textures, versions of said textures with a white overlay, or none at all, as it's a given that the route's terrain will look the same throughout the entire year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Westbound 21M rounding the Curve.


    If 4000-4001 are called "Sonic Bonnets," would 4002-4003 be called "Shadow Bonnets?"
    Blargen Fladibble Nohip!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hanover Park, Il., USA.
    Posts
    9,176

    Default

    I'm always leery about posting night shots, being unsure how they'll turn out once uploaded. They always look great on my system, but not as much after I post them.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

    Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey (NJ)
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Another snowy night in North Jersey so another LHR steam run to keep warm & practice my steam skills. This time on the Tristate Project route. Going to be bypassing the LHR Hudson Yard & going into Easton, PA.

    Leaving Maybrook, NY on a snowy day for Easton, PA.



    Crossing the Erie RR main at Greycourt, NY


    Passing the Warwick, NY station.



    Standing in front of the L&HR headquarters in Warwick, NY watching #93 do her thing.


    Enjoy......
    - Mark -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Another snowy night in North Jersey so another LHR steam run to keep warm & practice my steam skills. This time on the Tristate Project route. Going to be bypassing the LHR Hudson Yard & going into Easton, PA.

    Enjoy......
    Hi Mark,

    Nice to see her getting a run - some postcard material right here - right on queue with the snow as well... Steam in the snow is just over the top... Greycourt Station is one of my favorite structures on any route - wish we would see more from whomever made it - top notch - all the way...

    I've got an update on the Connie in the works - some stuff I wanted to fix...

    If you ever get the urge to work the LHR trackage on either route - let me know - I could help out with models... Doug's track work is a bit better than Rich's - but Rich's route is signaled so you can use it for activities... I find myself running both - if only we could combine aspects from each... I've DEM'd and markered an extension to Rich's route down to Hudson Yard but track laying isn't my forte...

    Regards,
    Scott

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey (NJ)
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    If you ever get the urge to work the LHR trackage on either route - let me know - I could help out with models... Doug's track work is a bit better than Rich's - but Rich's route is signaled so you can use it for activities... I find myself running both - if only we could combine aspects from each... I've DEM'd and markered an extension to Rich's route down to Hudson Yard but track laying isn't my forte...
    I agree Scott. Like we talked about in the past, Hudson Yard is the one crucial element the is missing from both the 1940's & the 1968 version of the LHR routes. After all it was the main begin & end at the south point of road.

    But it might be a nice little side project with everything else I am up to. Really isn't that long a run from Martins Creek to P'burg. My track laying skill are improving everyday with TSRE5. A hell of a lot better than any of my attempts with MSRE.

    My one project route that I am doing myself from beginning to end is a short but fun one & a prototype route. I took Vince's advise in starting with a small route first. It is the Raritan River RR, a short 12 mile route that ran from the Bayshore at South Amboy to New Brunswick. The track is almost done & the only signaling would be for the NY&LB.

    But maybe as I work on the Blue Comet Lines Route extension past Winslow Jct.. And only if Rich is OK with it. I just might attempt it.
    - Mark -

  8. #8

    Default

    I can't believe I didn't try out this route any sooner (LaSelle, Rockford & Central).




















  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    440

    Default

    A few UP westbounds along the Columbia River.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSolitaryGuy View Post
    Did you have the sim set to "winter"? Usually desert-based routes will have a set of winter textures that are identical to summer textures, versions of said textures with a white overlay, or none at all, as it's a given that the route's terrain will look the same throughout the entire year.
    Yes it was set to winter/rain...Hence the non-textured textures!!

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •