Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Screenshots with no particular theme... Part 2020

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Thanks for the reply, does not help me much...using the OR Diesel Engine, so the MSTS Diesel Smoke Effect parameters are not used. Thought I'd found a short cut...so I'll have to keep experimenting with the OR smoke parameters...thanks anyway. Cool screenshots, the LaSalle is one of my favorites. One of these days I'm going to have to learn the TSRE and level those bumpy tracks...little too much like a roller coaster for me.
    ok it was worth a shot, but yea it’s a good route a few bumps here and there but it’s still good.

Switching on the road at Elsland. NWL 7. Ed's ES44DC's now working in OR.
    CN272 by CN Edmonton, on Flickr
    Rory

tie,

Almost looks like a photo.

Fred

A chase between Las Vegas and Yermo then the next day through Barstow and Dunn on the UP Cima Sub including a bonus shot on the UP Coast Sub...Just got back and processed this set. Today this 'mixed' Q train is some manifest/intermodal and MoW going to the LA Basin tops off at 12,168 feet and 11,345.7 TONS despite being mostly empty.

Image 1-5) Departing Las Vegas and headed towards Nipton the train crawls along with no opposing traffic but lots of Westbounds being held behind it.

Image 6-9) Entering and atop and exiting Afton Canyon, this 12K foot train takes up nearly the whole canyon today.

Image 10) Having just departed Santa Barbara, A774 departs town with a meet ahead with the Guadalupe.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Meanwhile on Horseshoe Curve Route NS 6920 leads a autorack train coming out of Altoona heading for Chicago.

20200217161121_1.jpg20200217161610_1.jpg20200217161626_1.jpg

Winslow to Flagstaff, AZ I caught the Z-MEMLAC-13A as I followed a few trains West, this was the largest on the system. The particular reason for following this train was BNSF 4723 was the lead unit.

Image 1) Departing Winslow, AZ., this train was both over and under powered throughout the sub. Despite a 10 by 4 setup the loads kept the HPT down.

Image 2&3) Cruising through Valentine, AZ., this train makes good time through town.

Image 4) Crawling through Flagstaff, the train is ready to battle the Western half of the Coconino NF.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Today, I managed to catch a UP storage move train being switched out into Portola, CA., to be taken to several different places including down the Reno Sub towards Reno, NV. I counted just over 3 miles of train and a 4x4x3 setup with this move. Despite the looks, the UP5473 was actually one of the trailing DPU's at the end of the train!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

A blast from the 90s.

I miss Phase III.
    "Great expectations lead to greater disappointments." - Me

A GP9 and GP7 lead a local east somewhere in Wisconsin circa 1980: