Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (burgerbern) I am going to go dark for a while

Default (burgerbern) I am going to go dark for a while

At the moment i am being targeted and someone is going round and changing my passwords on many companies and sites i visit, it started when they took over my Amazon account and spent almost £1000 since then i have been trying to log on to sites and getting the password is not recognized syndrome, at first i did the i have forgotten my password routine but never received the mails and soon came to the conclusion that someone had control of my account with the ISP and could intercept the mails before i got them, i hope that is being dealt with now but will not post about that

I have come to the conclusion that none of us are safe unless the sites we visit offer 2 stage logins all some one needs at present is your email address and they can get access just by doing the lost password routine and obviously have a means of catching the emails before you do, not all but many of my passwords are very complex but that does not matter if they can be bypassed in this manner.

Apparently the 2 step verification solution has been around for over 10 years but very few people use it and many sites do not offer it, but apparently hackers love it as when they gett access to your accounts if 2 stage verification is available they use it, that is what happened to my account at Amazon and now they and i cannot get access to it although they have frozen it, they never made a big thing about it and apparently is is buried about 3 levels down in the options menu, do not suffer like me if 2 stage verification is available use it

anyway for the forseeable future i will not be answering emails or PMs as i really do not know who i am talking too anymore, the hacker has already i am pretty sure hacked into a web chat facility on a company that i was trying to talk to to have the account closed and from that chat obtained the email address that i had got outside of my ISPs control and 10 mins later i was unable to get in on Elvas tower forums as the password had been changed and that was using the email address that i had given in the web chat.

so i will post again when i think it is once again safe to do so.

while i am able i will lurk in the forums to keep abreast of what is happening but i wont post or interact just in case

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Hope you get this Resolved

good luck!

You probably would be wise to reinstall your operating system, too.

Very chilling!

Fred

Oh that is so scary and chilling. This is why i am so leary of doing much on line. Be safe Bern, And Happy holiday to you and your family.

Thats right... You need to do a full reformat on your operating system to nick off some spamware and malware files thats hidden and undetectable, those hackers are getting too smart and undetected... I format my hard drive once every year to keep it safe and clean..

Once you do this, change all your passwords to a stronger one thats undetected...
    Dave Edwards

Might want to download and run Malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.com

There is a free trial version that lasts two week before it turns into a manual version, you can buy it if you want to keep it active all the time.

First time I ran it I had just run Super Anti Spyware and it found 72 questionable files on my system.

Paul :-)

Guys i have run many full antivirus scans on my PC and it comes up clean, i have also run malwarebytes premium many times and that also comes up clean, not going to say publicly where i think the leak is and what i am doing about it but i am pretty sure my PC is safe, i am behind a hardware and software firewall my wireless connection is is protected by a very strong password system as well as if anyone wants to connect to my wireless i have to first manually put their devices MAC address into it as well. The only way someone can mess with the modem and firewall is to break into my house and manually push a pin into the back to reset it to factory settings, so its highly unlikely that will happen.

these days i use very strong passwords but at the moment i cannot change any because of what i wrote above if i do it will alert whoever is doing this to the account and he will intercept the email and change it before i can. once this is over i will change everything and where it is offered take advantage of two step logins even though that will slow things down
    Last edited by burgerbern; 12-12-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

By two step login are you talking about after login in with a strong password you then get a text with a random pass code to continue the login process? I know someone who has to go through that to get into their corporate computer.

Fred