Thread: I need help to fix microsoft train simulator for windows 10

Default I need help to fix microsoft train simulator for windows 10

Hey Uh. I downloaded the fixed version for windows 10 and , I got a problem . I Follow every instruction you said and, I pressed accept the game and the installer. And when I start the game it closes on me. Does anybody have an idea why it’s closing on me? Can you plz help me how to fix it.

Hello,

If MSTS is installed to it's default location you will have problems.

Have you installed MSTS by following per these instructions?

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Also, there is no such thing as a "fixed" version of MSTS for Win10, and no such thing as a (legitimate) downloadable copy. Make sure you are working from original discs, or ISO images/file copies of discs you own -- anything else could be incomplete or contain malware.

In addition to following the instructions int the link above, one of the recent problems is that many monitors run at high resolutions. MSTS will crash at anything above 1600 x 1200. Make sure your screen resolution is set at or below that before launching MSTS.

Nvidia graphics work well with MSTS. AMD graphics may not work "out of the box" but there are fixes; search the forums here for the latest info. Intel onboard graphics may or may not work depending on your particular graphics hardware. For laptops with Intel and Nvidia graphics, you must use the Nvidia settings to make MSTS run with the Nvidia chipset -- it will use the Intel graphics by default.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

To be honest, I've decided not to fool with getting MSTS to run on Windows 10. I use the free Open Rails simulator that uses MSTS content. Sometimes it is just easier to bypass problems than fix them (Open Rails is much better anyway).
    Christopher

I am using MSTS in win10 with Open Rails. There is no fixed version of MSTS for win10 and you don't need one.

I had no problem installing MSTS on win10 and it works without errors. But, i am playing with Open Rails. (yes it works without it as well).
    The only thing that i did if i want to try run MSTS alone is shorcut and added "-mem:1024" at the end of the target box. If you go to shortcut properties. So my run line is "X:\xxx\train.exe -mem:1024".
    This is for memory "upgrade". Game by default uses only 512.
    I did a window mode shortcut also, so my run line is "X:\xxx\train.exe -mem:1024 -vm:w,1280,960,32" i think this is max resolution that you can get out of it, but there is another way for resizing "unresiseble" window. It's called Sizer form www.brianapps.net.

Have fun o/

Hi gammaray84,
    So my run line is "X:\xxx\train.exe -mem:1024".

With respect, that WILL NOT work!! If quotes are used, then the line should read :
    "X:\xxx\train.exe" -mem:1024

The same applies to your other example line - the close quotes must follow .exe.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi gammaray84,

With respect, that WILL NOT work!! If quotes are used, then the line should read : [/COLOR]"X:\xxx\train.exe" -mem:1024

The same applies to your other example line - the close quotes must follow .exe.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Yes you are correct. I did forget to mention this.