Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm Turning Japanese

Hi Folks,

This weeks progress - rebuilt the ash pan - added almost all the air piping - added the air distribution valve under cab - sanding lines are about done - injector pipes are in and connected to injector under cab - added most of the boiler handrail - added most of the brakes - some miscellaneous details here and there - started work on the physics file and exported to the sim for the first time...

Major items left - is the steam distribution valve block and the steam lines in front of the cab....

One thing I haven't added before is much of the stoker - plan on adding that - under and in the cab for this one - in a bit more detail...

Time to start work on the tender I think....

POV11 by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Folks,

About four nights work and I have most of the tender fleshed out - four steam locomotives and of course every tender had different bogies/trucks...

POV14 by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

Now THAT'S a Mike !!! Your work amazes me Scott !
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Now THAT'S a Mike !!! Your work amazes me Scott !
    Hi Mark,

Right back atcha - sir...

Yeah - LOL - someone has to represent - I think Tim and I are the only two currently active in North American steam now - at least that I'm aware of... Tim is up to his elbows in civil war steam... I've been trying to build a little enthusiasm for the transition era and Open Rails in general - as all my modeling efforts are focused on that - if you build it - they will come ?

Regards,
    Scott

Well you two seem to be the "Steam Guru's" at the present time for OR. I seen his work on the Civil war era locos over at ET and it is amazing.

You are like me, in loving the transition era. I was always a late steam, 1st Gen diesel person myself. I missed out in my town (Being born too late) for experiencing it and it would have been great. With having the Erie & NYSW in town. Then crossing the river into Passaic or Clifton to see the DLW. Then going 3 towns over the see the NYC on the West Shore.

Well some day after my projects are all done & I have time to play with the tools to try a hand at creating one myself. I would most likely start simple, like a "Dockside" or other small tanker to get my feet wet. Then when comfortable try one that is missing from the library, a EIRE / NYSW Russian Decapod. The old "Bolshevik's" would fit perfect on the Tristate & the LHR 1940.

Another one if I would attempt if I got to a level where my work didn't look like a 3 year old putting together a Heathkit Ham Radio kit with Elmer's Glue would be a DLW Pocono Class. You know that would be fun to run on the Tristate.
    - Mark -

Hi Folks,

Getting down to the last details before texturing in earnest - still need a couple valves on the steam lines in front of the cab - some control links to the injector - some blow down valves on the firebox - and animate the bell - she's coming along...

POV30_PORT by Scott B, on Flickr

POV14 by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

Every time I see the thread title I think "Cool, someone's doing something from Japan...oh wait, that's Scott's pretty awesome Mikado". Seriously, though, that thing does look pretty impressive

Lookin' absolutely fabulous, Scott!

David

Hi Folks,

Thanks - hah - perhaps I did go overboard with being creative in the title...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No... its a perfect title
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts