Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Think I'm Turning Japanese

WOW, Scott !!! My eyes are a poppin' here !! Your texturing is simply stunning !!
    - Mark -

Default I Think I'm Turning Japanese

Hi Mark,

LOL - thanks for the enthusiasm - yeah - textures take me far longer than shape building - I am recycling a bunch from my last model which helps speed things along... I also take a bit of poetic license with colors that accentuate the model details as opposed to more uniform colors that mask them...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-28-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Funny this is the "Mikes" were really one of my favorite steam locomotives.

The LHR's with those 1916 "70" series Mikes & the 1918 "80" series too. All lasting under the end of steam on the LHR in 1950.

My second Mike choice were the CNJ's 80 Mikes they had (The first 60 from ALCO & the last 20 Baldwin). They fit the road's personality so perfect I thought.

Only regret (Just like you) is I never got to see them run. Always said I was born in the wrong era LOL.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Funny this is the "Mikes" were really one of my favorite steam locomotives.

The LHR's with those 1916 "70" series Mikes & the 1918 "80" series too. All lasting under the end of steam on the LHR in 1950.

My second Mike choice were the CNJ's 80 Mikes they had (The first 60 from ALCO & the last 20 Baldwin). They fit the road's personality so perfect I thought.

Only regret (Just like you) is I never got to see them run. Always said I was born in the wrong era LOL.
    Hi Mark,

Yeah - that's another reason I love the LHR - the eclectic mix of steam they kept running right up until the end...

This Rutland will be fairly easy to convert to the LHR 80's when done and part of my plan... Alas - there seems to be no documentation or even really good models available on the 70's - as a "connect the dots" modeler - that kind of leaves me out...

LOL - yeah - I've often felt I'm in the wrong era as well... While we might be looking back through rose colored glasses - I long for the nation that valued - hard work - courage - honor - integrity - and knew how to pull together in a crisis... I cross the NYOW ROW daily and often wonder what it must have been like standing there when one of their big old "Bull Moose 2-10-2" pounded the rails through the crossing...

The ugly duckling but she looks as if she would be a great mountain climber...

$_3.jpg

Regards,
    Scott