Thread: log cars

Default log cars

While working in Rumford Yard, I noticed a ton of these flats come in constantly for JD Irving. Figured it was time to place them in the sim. Not entirely sure if I will continue. This was actually kind of a pain to put together..

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Very nice.
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael

Shawn,

I saw a few of them in The Rumford yard last Monday. They were being unloaded to be trucked over to the JDI plant in Disfield.
    Irving has been making many inroads her in Maine, both in production and land holdings.
    BTW -- What are your thought on the CP buying the CN&Q ?

Sorry for the off topic.
    Russ G

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce

Yea, we got about 10-15 in at a time, they end up taking a lot of valuable space in the lower yard, and became a pain in the rear to make room for Pan Am to drop off their inbound.

Hopefully the guys on CMQ can retain their job, and hopefully it expands for better service all around. It could how ever, been the final nail in the coffin for Pan Am, if all the through traffic for CP, ends up going directly through CP versus Pan Am to Mechanicville.

I've been told that most traffic interchanged between Irving lines and Pan-Am terminates on-line (like these log moves), especially around Ayer, which means it would not go over to CP. I can't verify that one way or the other.
    Christopher

Incorrect on these log cars. These come from CMQ out of Jackman, ME, onto Pan Am via Bangor at Northern Maine Jct, and into Rigby, making the return trip into Rumford.

All other Irving traffic originates in New Brunswick, and could have two options, via CPRail(CMQ)as that where most goes, or continue onto Pan Am.

Directly over CP would be a smarter, less expensive choice, from my stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Incorrect on these log cars. These come from CMQ out of Jackman, ME, onto Pan Am via Bangor at Northern Maine Jct, and into Rigby, making the return trip into Rumford.

All other Irving traffic originates in New Brunswick, and could have two options, via CPRail(CMQ)as that where most goes, or continue onto Pan Am.

Directly over CP would be a smarter, less expensive choice, from my stand point.
    Hi Folks,

Hah - I vacation up in Jackman - beautiful country - one time the engineer stopped the train in town - climbed down and started chatting up my wife - LOL - too funny...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The folks of CMQ are pretty kind and friendly most of the time. I never experienced any poor attitudes the very few times I've seen and photographed them.
    I sure do hope with the buyout from CPRail, that most retain their job. In a sense I am happy I myself didn't take the offer with CMQ back in spring, because I'm sure still being new and very little seniority, I would be one of the few getting sent away. Maybe.

CMQ spirit comes (came?) right from the top. Good people with a positive attitude doing good things with their railroad.
    Christopher