Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem with the Columbuslocomotiveworks site forum

Frank, The BNSF/GN units did come along. I have them installed in Marias Pass 4.

The NALW RF16 models are the ones done by Cameron. Cameron went on to release slightly more up to date versions of these locomotives when the PRR East Route was the big news.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 12-24-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Small Bump with some clarification:

According to the installers included with the SD7/9s, they can be redistributed under the following circumstances.

From the readme:

The author does permit distribution of this archive under the following conditions:

• The archive must be distributed without modification to the contents of the archive. Redistributing this archive with any files added, removed or modified in any manner is prohibited.
    • The inclusion of any individual file from this archive in another archive without the prior permission of the author is prohibited. This means, for example, that you may not include elements of this archive as portions of another archive without first obtaining the author's permission.
    • No charge may be made for this archive in any way when it is distributed electronically (i.e., over the internet). If the archive is distributed via disk storage (i.e., CD-ROM or other non-volatile media), a fee may be charged only to cover the cost of its distribution. If a fee is charged, it must be made clear to the purchaser that the archive is freeware and that the fee is to cover the distributor's costs of providing the archive
    • The authors' rights and wishes concerning this archive must be respected.
    • This software is copyright 2005-2010 by Cameron Lashley.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    The NALW RF16 models are the ones done by Cameron. Cameron went on to release slightly more up to date versions of these locomotives when the PRR East Route was the big news.

Robert
    Just going through some of my reskin tweaks and with B&O West End coming along I'd done some work on variations on the Sharknose. Can you tell me where the updated models are available from? I've always thought these were a significant omission as downloads at current modelling standards but the originals had accurate shapes and a decent cab too. If there's a newer model it inspires me to revisit and finish the work I started.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Geoff,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I tend to not check in for ages at times.

The newer version was available at Cameron's site in the forums download area.

They are no longer available now sadly.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Geoff,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I tend to not check in for ages at times.

The newer version was available at Cameron's site in the forums download area.

They are no longer available now sadly.

Robert
    OK Going to Bump this again because I've finished the reskins and looking at the Read Me it credits BOTH CLW AND NALW That aside testing the model I have (now not sure which one I have?) The BIG issue is that they run fine in MSTS but in Open Rails there's obviously a BIG issue with the Physics because I can't open the throttle and the Dynamic braking SEEMS to be affected by both the < > keys AND by holding the A key until they apply.

One further clue as to WHICH model I have is that the .aces are 512x512 and I note that some later loco's had 1024x1024 aces? In fact is that the ONLY difference in the newer model? The shape is Bang On Scale and the detail is like every picture I've trawled for. The detail isn't as high as newer models but then older models were built to run on much less capable hardware and within confines set by pre bin MSTS?

As some repaints are already uploaded I assume that subject to a physics makeover for OR these can be uploaded here. IF anyone concerned with the originals doesn't like 'em they can always be removed but as there is no newer model and these were made freely available it would seem odd to refuse?

UPDATE Just found some definite NALW versions on an old disc. That makes the model I've reskinned definitely a CLW one but whether there was a newer CLW version of the model or even just larger .ace files I have no way of checking because the site is still "broken" i.e. although viewable the links don't work.
    Last edited by lateagain; 04-07-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: More Information
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK