Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with the Columbuslocomotiveworks site forum

There are 3 other files under rf16 - Black Widow repaints from BLW/CLW.

Quote Originally Posted by bwbrgb View Post
    There are 3 other files under rf16 - Black Widow repaints from BLW/CLW.
    Do you mean
    MSTS SP RF-16 A&B Black Widow
    Name: sprf16.zip

MSTS SP RF-16 A&B Black Widow. A fictitious Southern Pacific Baldwin Shark diesel. Cameron Lashley - lead developer; Verne Horton - texturing; Chris Lee - engine physics; Columbia Locomotive Works. Repaint by Chuck Higgins.

Did not know Chuck Higgins worked for BLW.

Would be a source for the Shape file. Then the OP could repaint for either the PRR, B&O, D&H, or NYC which ever he cannot now get from the CLW forum.

Charles

Chuck Higgins never worked for CLW...He was just some hobbyist that liked to repaint..and not very well, I tried to teach him a bit, but it seems the students always reach a point that they know more than the teacher...go figure. The Sharknose Baldwin's are available here in the library from NALW..don't know if those were work Cam did for them or if they are different models altogether. Memory fails me, I could have told you at one time. Nontheless, they are nice work...too bad about losing access to CLW, Cam did some real fine work, both while at TA and afterwards. I have a good number of his files in my stash.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

FYI: On Elvas Tower Rod referred me to the ReadMe.doc from the Black Widow RF16 repaints. I replied with this:
    Are you referring to this line in the ReadMe.doc (Which is Cameron Lashley's original readme):

"Thanks for installing this BLW RF16 Locomotive Set from Columbus Locomotive Works! You’ll have hours of enjoyment operating the four historically-accurate RF16 locomotive sets available from CLW."

That is not BLW/CLW. In that case the BLW is referring to Baldwin Locomotive Works. The REAL company that made the RF16.

I thought you were inferring that Berlanger Locomotive Works and Columbia Locomotive Works created the Train Sim add-on.

I would have called it a repaint of the CLW BLW RF16 not a "BLW/CLW repaint". Baldwin did not do repaints of MSTS add-ons.
    Charles

FYI I Downloaded the NALW RF16 models. The Shape files and the ACE files are different from the CLW models.

Would look good on any PRR or D&H route. Might need some physics tweaking to run in ORTS.
    Charles

I just bumped into the same issue trying to get on there. Was hoping to get my hands on the SD7/9 package. Hopefully it'll come back up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Hans View Post
    I just bumped into the same issue trying to get on there. Was hoping to get my hands on the SD7/9 package. Hopefully it'll come back up soon!
    Probably won't be unless someone has an email for Cameron as the one on the website and the one from the ReadMe in the downloads are no longer active.
    Charles

There was no bulk packaging for the sd-7/sd9 models they were all packaged separately by roadname.

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    There was no bulk packaging for the sd-7/sd9 models they were all packaged separately by roadname.
    Well that's fine. Specifically I'm interested in the Conrail stuff, and maybe BNSF if he has any...Assuming the site ever comes back up!

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Probably won't be unless someone has an email for Cameron as the one on the website and the one from the ReadMe in the downloads are no longer active.
    Craptastic! Well, hopefully somebody can get in touch with him.

The BNSF/GN sd7/9 set was never posted that I know of. The Conrail/Pennsy/Penn Central set was there and he also had a Santa Fe gp 30. I will not provide any of the sets without Cameron's permission.