Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New route?

Default New route?

I've heard some rumors that "trainsimulations" is working on a possible new route. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or just wishful thinking?

Hi Folks,

I see they've gone public with a new version of Sandpatch - truly hope they do it right - Cumberland to Connellsville - I've always wanted to see the area around Confluence modeled... I've DEM'd and markered the entire path myself but that is about as far as I've gotten...

Nice to the the D&H finish high in the polls as well...

Both highly desired in my book...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 12-20-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    I see they've gone public with a new version of Sandpatch - truly hope they do it right - Cumberland to Connellsville
    Good news, Scott. They confirmed that the route will be to Connellsville via a FB reply. They've posted a couple beta shots of the reworked route. Unsure of how much of it is done, but I'm among those people who are hoping to see an upgraded Sandpatch route.

Based on what I'm seeing, without a doubt they're working on a Montana Rail Link route of Mullan Pass (I'm not too familiar with that railroad) and that will be their next route release. Looks like they're interested in doing a few more. They put out a series of polls to see what "the people" wanted.

In short, it looks like D&H, Conrail, BC Rail, and CNW are on the top of the list. Only time will tell if that translates into actual routes.

EK

Quote Originally Posted by ekeating View Post
    Good news, Scott. They confirmed that the route will be to Connellsville via a FB reply. They've posted a couple beta shots of the reworked route. Unsure of how much of it is done, but I'm among those people who are hoping to see an upgraded Sandpatch route.

Based on what I'm seeing, without a doubt they're working on a Montana Rail Link route of Mullan Pass (I'm not too familiar with that railroad) and that will be their next route release. Looks like they're interested in doing a few more. They put out a series of polls to see what "the people" wanted.

In short, it looks like D&H, Conrail, BC Rail, and CNW are on the top of the list. Only time will tell if that translates into actual routes.

EK
    Hi EK,

THANKS for confirming...

I've followed the route closely on Google Earth and most of the route from where the old one left off - all the way to Connellsville is not much more than rivers and trees - while traversing interesting terrain - so from a modeling perspective it shouldn't be too bad - granted Connellsville will take some work...

Just from the MSTS nostalgic point of view - it's nice to see one of the first routes ever made brought up to current standards... Probably almost everyone who was around back then did time on the Patch…

Regards,
    Scott

How about a MID-WEST or southern route for once? Texas would sure be nice!

There are a couple of trainsim buddies here working on what they call the Twin Cities Mega Route, from Chicago to Minneapolis-St. Paul. Not to mention it will feature the BNSF, CP, CN-IC, and UP railroads around Minnesota, Southern Wisconsin, and Northern Illinois. I haven't heard anything in regards to any updates.

As mentioned above, Mullan is rapidly approaching release. The rest of the team tends to show significant interest in the Midwest and East (and the West as well), but my interests have always been primarily in the West, so that is where my route-building will continue to take place after Mullan is out. It's hard to put many months or years into a route if it's not a route that you are really personally invested in. BCR and SP were the top two in that Facebook poll for the West region (and they were both in the top 3 overall, if I recall), much to my liking.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

What a pity Mullan Pass is for OR only.

Hey Sean,

I have been following your progress on this route for quite some time. It's good to see it almost complete. Like you, I have come to the conclusion that OR is the way to go with so many features now available. I'm still waiting for the Swedes to release the walking people route so that I can put them in my route.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran