Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New route?

Sean, I've been following your progress too and I can tell it is going to be a good route. I am excited for its release. I know you've put year heart into it, and your sweat and creativity.
    Christopher

Sandpatch is being reworked from scratch after I found that I had an incorrect grade profile. So far the track is done between the east end of Hyndman and Cumberland. The bad news is that it will take longer to get completed than originally hoped.

The good news is that there "should be" some stuff coming down that might help tide you over in the meantime.
    - Chris N.

I can only do so much... peons only have so much power.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Is this a rework of the original route ?

Not at all... completely new build from the terrain up
    - Chris N.

I can only do so much... peons only have so much power.

Power to the peons Chris N!!!! As Scott stated most would have experienced Sandpatch and an Open Rails rebuild of the route is very much welcome and anticipated. As a 'vanilla' train driver the Open Rails format has taken the enjoyment for me to the next level. This is well represented here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos thanks to the skill set of a fellow simmer - I didn't realise Steven Spielberg was also into train simming lol! Such a talented group of individuals who comprise the community - thanks!
    Duncan

Hi Folks,

Yeah -- Geepster has the right idea - he's making some absolutely superb videos - which is really the best vehicle we have to recruit new blood to our fold... More people should take the plunge at making videos... I've tried making some very simple ones myself for the very same reason - granted my steam era niche isn't as popular as his modern one...

We really need some better cameras in ORTS - to make smooth transitions and movements - much like real movies - where cameras have weight and inertia... We have them in Flight Sims and hey make a world of difference...

What's odd is there was a "World of Open Rails" guy making videos a few years ago and he would get like 10K views on a video where it seems we only get a couple hundred now - he must have been doing something to make his videos more popular... I really don't care about the number of views per say but as an avid fan of Open Rails - the wider the audience we distribute to - the better our chances of finding new recruits around here... New recruits bring new talent...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    We really need some better cameras in ORTS - to make smooth transitions and movements - much like real movies - where cameras have weight and inertia... We have them in Flight Sims and hey make a world of difference...
    Regards,
    Scott
    Bravo, quite agree, one of the most prescient comments about OR cameras that I've read. I'm making it my new years prediction. Keep thinking positive thoughts..."positive waves Moriarty" maybe a volunteer with an interest in cameras will appear in the new year. Scott, create a Trello card and get some votes. Happy&Healthy New Year to you&yours!
    Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.