Thread: Is This Another Botched Update (TRS19)?

Default Is This Another Botched Update (TRS19)?

Well SP1 for TRS19 has arrived and while some of the fanboys at the N3V are already genuflecting in hallowed worship, it seems all may not be entirely rosy...

There have been reports of performance more sluggish or graphics failing to render properly.

The Undo/Redo buttons have been hidden away, making them more awkward to use - switching to the keyboard command not an acceptable alternative.

It seems the spline detaching from fixed object and becoming frozen/orphaned bug, may have resurfaced. This was a long standing bug and only went away in the post TS12 49922 versions. It is also rumoured to have re-appeared in TANE SP4.

That would be a showstopper for me if the case. The update is installing now and I will give it a go, but right now eyeing TSRE or the TS2020 (DTG) as a means of continuing my route building.

To top it all N3V have repackaged TRS19 into a "Platinum" Edition and are trying to re-sell that to users at not much less than we paid originally. Guess their subscription model is (f)ailing and they are getting desperate for revenue!
    Vern.

I stupidly re-activated my Gold membership last week (Thursday), Vern.

By Saturday morning i had uninstalled the whole flaming mess.

So in the process wasted $14.99 for the months Gold & Plus fiasco.

I had a news letter (must remember to unsubscribe) yesterday. About some regurgitated Platinum nonsense.

Still no vacuum brake depiction, pitch black tunnels, fully operating AWS or ATC.

Most models still using dated cab interiors. The whole mess is just not fit for purpose, in my opinion.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I stupidly re-activated my Gold membership last week (Thursday), Vern.

By Saturday morning i had uninstalled the whole flaming mess.

So in the process wasted $14.99 for the months Gold & Plus fiasco.

I had a news letter (must remember to unsubscribe) yesterday. About some regurgitated Platinum nonsense.

Still no vacuum brake depiction, pitch black tunnels, fully operating AWS or ATC.

Most models still using dated cab interiors. The whole mess is just not fit for purpose, in my opinion.

Mike.
    also not to mention they completely destroyed the derailment physics that were still there in TRS12 and still haven't fixed it
    I don't think they have proper dynamic brake sounds either

Vern --

It all works well for me.

But I'd like the name of the buffoon who thought it was a good idea to hide the undo / redo buttons in a menu two levels down.

For anybody working in Surveyor these two buttons, which used to be front and centre at the top of the screen, where THE most important buttons. The present arrangement is frustrating in the extreme, in particular when trying to do multiple undos.

Phil

To be fair, I haven't seen any evidence of spline detachment (yet) but then the route I'm working on is still fairly bare bones with only a couple of stations and loco fuel points connected to track sections.

Ditto performance, laying track on a Transdem baseboard not causing any issues but will be interesting to see the results when I start painting textures and placing RMM Speedtrees.

Hopefully someone will start a petition on the N3V forum to reinstate the old Surveyor menu including the Undo/Redo buttons.

Edit: I see you have already done so Phil (a specific thread/petition). added my support to it.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 12-21-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    Vern.