Thread: Track Node Limits - TSRE

Default Track Node Limits - TSRE

Hello!

Are there any limitations on the number of track nodes that can be used in TSRE? Assuming the route is designed for OR compatibility (which i believe can do up to 100k+ nodes).

I know MSTS RE blows up beyond 32767 nodes. Is the same applicable to TSRE?

I'm coming to a decision point with my current merge route, whether to push it past this number or stop here and keep the 1000 or so remaining nodes for any small additions.

Default TrackNode Limit?

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Hello!

Are there any limitations on the number of track nodes that can be used in TSRE? Assuming the route is designed for OR compatibility (which i believe can do up to 100k+ nodes).

I know MSTS RE blows up beyond 32767 nodes. Is the same applicable to TSRE?

I'm coming to a decision point with my current merge route, whether to push it past this number or stop here and keep the 1000 or so remaining nodes for any small additions.
    Good morning Joe,

The PRR East v2 come in at 20770 and no problems with that. Track Database size is 51+ megabytes.
    I had heard of some Swedes building a route that was much larger. Can't recall the routename tho'.

regards
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In the route that participated in its construction, VallariaSoria, currently the cost of 39384 track nodes and the .tdb file weighs just over 67 Mb and works correctly in both TSRE5 and OR

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Good morning Joe,

The PRR East v2 come in at 20770 and no problems with that. Track Database size is 51+ megabytes.
    I had heard of some Swedes building a route that was much larger. Can't recall the routename tho'.

regards
    I'm already around 31000+ track nodes after combining several routes. The TDB is smaller (around 50MB) probably because many of the interactives haven't been put in yet.

I would like to maintain MSTS compatibility as far as possible, but will probably stop adding any extensions at this point to facilitate that & focus on getting the existing route complete to my satisfaction.

Once thats done, I would explore going beyond the 32767 node limit. At that point the route will be unusable in MSTS RE, not sure about MSTS itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pecho Lata View Post
    In the route that participated in its construction, VallariaSoria, currently the cost of 39384 track nodes and the .tdb file weighs just over 67 Mb and works correctly in both TSRE5 and OR
    Good to hear. Is the route still compatible or possible to be loaded in MSTS itself (vanilla or BIN?)

The version 4 of the route (the last one published) if it is possible to open it in MSTS, with 35200 track nodes. Although this version was terminated with TSRE5 as the MSTS RE had many errors.
    The next version that is published will no longer be compatible with MSTS because there are tiles with more than 1500 shapes and use shapes with textures larger than 1024x1024.