Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Route - Mexico City - Querétaro - Guanajuato

Hey trainmaster, can you simply reply to the post without copying all of the same pictures back over in your reply?
    Why have all this duplicated stuff that everyone needs to open again when reading through the thread.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Thanks for the positive comments about the route.... it will be a long way to finish it but... better going slow with high detail than fast and reworking..

I will keep sharing the progress and details of places created, this is the route of my childhood traveling in the Train #9 and #10 from Mexico to Guanajuato, Start Service with 3 Gp38-2, 5 to 6 first class coaches (kinkis), 1 Diner coach, and 1 Domo coach, departing Mexico City at 7 hrs.. the train used used to be splitted at Queretaro, one part of the train keep going to Guanajuato as #9 and the other part going to San Miguel de Allende, then service was extended till San Luis Potosi, then going back to Mexico City 14:30 hrs both trains were joined at Queretaro as the train #10 around 18 hrs and arriving to Mexico City at 21 hrs..

Thanks and regards!

Thanks Rodrigoville!

Before you undertook there two routes, I had no idea of the expanse and intricacy of Mexico's railroad system. I'm very impressed.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Thanks a lot Steve, I think that the most impressive route of Mexico is the Chepe (Chihuahua Pacífico) running daily passenger train service from Los Mochis to Chihuahua and backward... this route has 86 tunnels and 35 bridges (in aprox 437 miles)... It would be a great project for the next years...

https://chepe.mx/trenes/chepe-express

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

We rode the Ferrocarril Chihuahua al Pacífico from Los Mochis to Chihuahua in the summer of 1971. Our train was pulled by an FM Trainmaster originally built for the Lackawanna, and our family had a Drawing Room in a genuine heavyweight Pullman. Till this date that was my only ride ever behind a Trainmaster, and my only overnight ever in a heavyweight Pullman Drawing Room. We arrived Chihuahua 14 hours late....

I very much admire that craftsmanship and artistry that rodrigoville puts into his routes. They are, without doubt, some of the best routes that I've ever seen done for OR. That said, his work brings up one of the basic reasons the OR (as has MSTS) is struggling to even maintain a sustainable base of simmers. It is this: we can SEE his routes all day long, but, because of never resolved issues of payware items being used in such routes (often because there is nothing else available), fine routes like these never get released to the community. It's a classic "you can see it, but never touch it" scenario. Eventually, people just quit looking at what they know that they never will be able to have.

So, once again, I call for the payware people to come up with a solution where route builders can have permission to use their objects that the end user already has paid for from the payware routes that those users have purchased. Why should the payware people do this? Well, for one thing, it would help them sell more of their own product, and, more importantly, it would generate more interest in the sims. That latter point would also likely translate into more potential customers for both payware and freeware content creators. This whole EULA/copyright standoff has gone on long enough. It's time for the stakeholders to get together and figure out a workable solution, so fine routes like rodrigoville's can actually be released to the community.

From a technical standpoint, my proposed solution would work like this: Let's say Mr. Smith creates a freeware route, the "Super-duper Route." The route has, say, 43 objects in it from the Acme Simulations Wonderview Route. Mr. Smith's Super-Duper Route description notes that the End User must have the Wonderview route installed on his hard drive, or the Super-duper Route will not install. When the End User runs Mr. Smith's Super-duper Route installer, it searches the End User's hard drive for all the files from the Wonderview Route that it requires and copies them over to Super-duper Route. If the Super-duper Router installer does not find the files on the End User's hard drive, the installer aborts the installation and displays a message, "The Wonderview Route files necessary for installation are not found on your computer, Super-duper Route installation can not complete." Of course, RouteRiter already sort of does this routine, but this would make the copying function part of the route installer. Also, since the route creator is in no way providing proprietary files to the End User, it falls, as it should, on the End User not to violate the EULA of the payware provider. Why can\t this be at least tried?
    Last edited by wwhall; 04-15-2020 at 12:44 PM.

It's a strange thing because in both DTG TS and to a certain extent Trainz, it has become the norm to reference payware assets in freeware routes. This is easier because of how the files are referenced so the issue of copying or distributing with the route never arises. And to the best of my knowledge this has always had the tacit approval of DTG though one or two developers (Thomson come to mind) seemed to have been a bit miffed with it and crippled some of their route objects so if placed in the editor they couldn't be selected or moved. The other pitfall is that DG have a tendency to withdraw routes from sale from time to time or as with Marias Pass suddenly restrict the area of sale due to licensing, which puts a spanner in the works.

In general though the system work(s) well particularly bearing in mind the dearth of decent freeware buildings to include in a DTG TS route (Trainz is another matter as you have 1000's of free assets on the N3V DLS).
    Vern.

Firstly... I will keep appreciating the recognition to my work doing the routes, and all the positive comments about it...

In this particular hoby I didn't start the route with the objective to obtain money, it has been a personal objective but seeing the interest of partners about the route it would be ok for me sharing it to the community... Buy respecting the copyright... Behind placing tracks and objects.. I spent 60% of the time dedicated to create the route designing objects for the route... Creating vegetation is not my talent and being a recurrent customer of SLI I decided to have a good quality is realism using their vegetation mostly...

We will find a good way to share the route very soon!

Thanks and regards

Lechería Yards (close to Mexico City) fully electrified and the Tunnels at Barrientos...

Thanks and regards

Then I moved 70kms north to start working at the city of Tula and the two viaducts divided by a short tunnel...

I added a picture of a star service train passing the longest viaduct around 1987...

Next to the tunnel there are located the pyramids and museum.

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by rodrigoville; 04-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.