Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Route - Mexico City - Querétaro - Guanajuato

Fantastic, Rodrigo!

It really is a shame we have such poor cones/spheres of light for our street lamps. I often ponder just removing them from my routes because they look so ridiculous.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

It never ceases to amaze me the level of detail and quality of your sccenery. I spend hours achieving not even a fraction of what is in your screenshots. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    It really is a shame we have such poor cones/spheres of light for our street lamps. I often ponder just removing them from my routes because they look so ridiculous.

Probably remove the night textures first, leave the physical lamp posts. Nice to see them as scenery items in daylight.

The lighting module will probably be improved and be more realistic, but I've been told only after the cord is officially cut with history and "compatibility needs" fall by the wayside. Because, lets face it, new lighting would not be backwards compatible with MSTS. Just think of all the crying and sobbing that will come from users having to segregate new routes with new lighting away from their MSTS collections, with people facing the harsh reality they no longer can just install and group routes nilly-willy however they wanted. Maybe we can call the new fire-walled installation "Features beyond MSTS". Or maybe just "Trainsimulations".

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Probably remove the night textures first, leave the physical lamp posts. Nice to see them as scenery items in daylight.

The lighting module will probably be improved and be more realistic, but I've been told only after the cord is officially cut with history and "compatibility needs" fall by the wayside. Because, lets face it, new lighting would not be backwards compatible with MSTS. Just think of all the crying and sobbing that will come from users having to segregate new routes with new lighting away from their MSTS collections, with people facing the harsh reality they no longer can just install and group routes nilly-willy however they wanted. Maybe we can call the new fire-walled installation "Features beyond MSTS". Or maybe just "Trainsimulations".
    Yep.

Rodrigo --- Masterful. Beautiful work!
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks a lot for your comments about the route, recently I start using reshade and I noticed a very nice improvement in the night textures even when those light cones does not help so much to create the realism that we want...

I also started to build a new route Chepe (Chihuahua al Pacífico) 700 kms using google maps (mandatory required to provide nice realism for the mountain textures) this route is the most impressive of Mexico to cross the "Sierra Madre Summit"... I will be sharing some shots of the progress... Unfortunately I haven't been able to remove all SLI objects since I haven't found a nicer as they have for vegetation...

This route has 88 tunels and 35 bridges and very complex mountain escenario... Including a full loop called "El lazo" (attached picture)

Thanks and regards!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Hi Rodrigo,

One place to look for freeware vegetation is trainsim.ru.

http://www.trainsim.ru/download/164/

The "European Native Trees and Plants. Vol. 1 - Trees and Shrubs" has some great variety. Despite the name, many of the tree species in there are extremely similar looking to species found in North America.

For a bit older but still decent ones, searching the term "Sinclair" and filtering to Microsoft Train Simulator - Scenery Objects in the file library here will find a fair mixture of trees. He mostly did coniferous (needles) trees, but if you dig deep enough there are some nice deciduous ones as well.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Hi Rodrigo,

One place to look for freeware vegetation is trainsim.ru.

http://www.trainsim.ru/download/164/

The "European Native Trees and Plants. Vol. 1 - Trees and Shrubs" has some great variety. Despite the name, many of the tree species in there are extremely similar looking to species found in North America.

For a bit older but still decent ones, searching the term "Sinclair" and filtering to Microsoft Train Simulator - Scenery Objects in the file library here will find a fair mixture of trees. He mostly did coniferous (needles) trees, but if you dig deep enough there are some nice deciduous ones as well.
    Thanks a lot for the information, I appreciate it, l will explore the vegeation available in the link with the objective to maintain the most posible realism for the route...

I use grass along all the track and extended aprox 100mts to each side of the tracks to add more details and realism...

Thanks again

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk